86760 miles on 7 oil changes...continuing proof..... - Page 2 - Dodge Charger Forums

#11 Old 07-23-2012, 10:27 PM
370 HEMI
Supporting Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbl01 View Post
So here's another take of equal consideration. This is an apples to apples comparison long term(miles) user as well.

Using this oil analysis 2006 hemi rt 187k miles mutiple changes over 10k miles Penzoil Platium, not ultra.
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums...2566052&page=1

What are the dollars and cents?

Using this months special as an example.....$12.76 per quart x 7 = $89.32 + free oil filter = $89.32 + $15.75(shipping from Ohio to California) = $105.07.

$105.07 div by 14.899= $7.05 per 1000 miles.

Okay.

Walmart ...Penzoil Platium synthetic are $5.00 per quart x 7 = $35.00+ $6.50 for an oil filter = $41.50 x 3.63(NYtax) = $45.13. ( If you get it on sale it will be even cheaper)

$45.13 div by 15.05 = $3.00 per 1000 miles....based on a 15,053 mile oil change.

So the savings for using a top off the shelf synthetic is $105.07-$45.03 = $59.94 So with today's oil change..... included in the cost of the oil change is night out with the family at Playland, or 16 gallons of gas.

So yes, price is a one time thing, but cost is a life time thing! Cheaper to use and equivelent protection at least for this comparison......best of both worlds.

Let me be clear I'm not saying its not a good or even great oil ...it appears to be great, but for me I cant justify the 250% plus price differential. If I run P.Platium in my car and can get consistent numbers as shown in the link above its a cost effective alternative route.
While the example that you put up is an acceptable sample, it still isn't consistent if you read the numbers compared to QB. With the Platinum, he has added as much as 2 quarts of oil to the car during the sample. This much oil will skew the numbers and adjust the ppm....basically washing the contaminants into the filter. QB on this sample added none.

No lead ever in 86,760 with our custom blends where the Pennsoil has lead/bearing wear. Also less chromium in our sample consistently then the Pennzoil Platinum. More Nickel wear or valve wear with Pennzoil Platinum than QB as well. Remember too that Jed has a Predator tune and we have to deal with the mods he has as well. The Pennzoil doesn't take these things into consideration either.

We could continue even farther with QB then we did here. The thing to take into consideration too is that Jed's car works in very harsh environments and is in stop and go as well and still obtained these better numbers. The Pennzoil has 15 ppm magnesium, 726 phosphorous and 828 zinc at 15k. QB still has 93 ppm magnesium, 5997 ppm phosphorous and 911 zinc. Much more cushion if Jed does go farther on it!

And since you are talking about gasoline, it is very common for a customer to increase their fuel economy due to the differences in lubricity from QB vs what is off the shelf. Normally most people see about 1 mpg more using our oils. So assume that you get .5 mpg more using our oils over anything else and you drive the whole 15k miles.......again assuming 20 mpg, it would take 750 gallons of gasoline to go that 15k. 750 gallons x .5 mpg = 375 more miles on the same fuel. 375 div by 20 mpg = 18.75 gallons of gasoline saved at $3.50 per gallon = $65.63 in rebate on the oil change. Thanks for the dialogue!

Also, it doesn't hurt to support forum vendors that support you as well!

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

More Power, More Torque, Better MPGs - It's "Rocket Fuel For Your Car"

Custom Designed & Custom Blended "ALWAYS beats off the shelf brands"

Better cooling, better protection without all "The Gunk"

Last edited by 370 HEMI; 07-24-2012 at 08:57 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#12 Old 08-07-2012, 08:25 AM
Gruvin84SS

Brian, he also forgot to add in the cost of the extra oil into his equation, those 1-2 quarts of oil added had cost as well. (yes, I know it doesn't make up for the difference in price but you can't leave it out and be accurate)

To be accurate: Walmart ...Penzoil Platium synthetic are $5.00 per quart x 9 = $35.00+ $6.50 for an oil filter = $51.50 + (NYtax) = $57.37. ( If you get it on sale it will be even cheaper)

$57.37 div by 15.05 = $3.81 per 1000 miles....based on a 15,053 mile oil change.

"but for me I cant justify the 250% plus price differential." - but it isn't 250%, it was 235% with your numbers and is 185% as I calculated. Plus 28.5% of his oil was replaced during that time significantly skewing the protection capability of the oil.

Plus,where did that missing oil go? thru the PCV system and thru the engine? So lower mileage and higher emissions to burn the missing oil?

2008 Dodge Charger Road & Track
Predator - 91 tune +20% boost
Fully QB'd out!

Last edited by Gruvin84SS; 08-07-2012 at 09:55 AM.
#13 Old 08-08-2012, 06:52 AM
370 HEMI
Supporting Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruvin84SS View Post
Brian, he also forgot to add in the cost of the extra oil into his equation, those 1-2 quarts of oil added had cost as well. (yes, I know it doesn't make up for the difference in price but you can't leave it out and be accurate)

To be accurate: Walmart ...Penzoil Platium synthetic are $5.00 per quart x 9 = $35.00+ $6.50 for an oil filter = $51.50 + (NYtax) = $57.37. ( If you get it on sale it will be even cheaper)

$57.37 div by 15.05 = $3.81 per 1000 miles....based on a 15,053 mile oil change.

"but for me I cant justify the 250% plus price differential." - but it isn't 250%, it was 235% with your numbers and is 185% as I calculated. Plus 28.5% of his oil was replaced during that time significantly skewing the protection capability of the oil.

Plus,where did that missing oil go? thru the PCV system and thru the engine? So lower mileage and higher emissions to burn the missing oil?
I get what you are saying, and you are right! Adding the other oil during the change always skews the numbers! Actually, doing it that way, we could claim 25,000 miles on "1" oil change maybe 30,000 miles. Just keep adding oil and changing filters. It doesn't give an accurate number because the new oil will wash the contaminants into the filter. PCV evacuation is a common thing with a more volatile oil.

Hey, we are not talking McDonalds here. For those who really care about their cars and want to make sure that it lasts, QuantumBlue is the way to go. There is even a difference in the sounds of the equipment as you change over from the "good enough cheap stuff" to our custom designs.

Experience tells the difference!

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com
#14 Old 08-17-2012, 11:11 PM
Jed's OCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjim.srt-8 View Post
This is the real deal with a real Guy.

Jed is a good friend and Part of our So Cal car club Mopar360.

His car runs great and Jed drives this car in the extreme heat out here non stop.
I did get very busy (3 jobs, and yes, in this economy!) but to the point I just did not make time to get the oil changed even though it was sitting on the self. I normally only like to push to 12K max and after talking to Brian about the analysis, we figured the 14K was the outer limit for my car.

As for driving, I do long hauls out to the desert areas and just experienced 116* and I just don't worry about engine wear. I feel totally protected as I put an average of 28K on the car per year... I don't want to be changing oil every 3 months... Plus I work in the medical field and we have to trust blood tests on humans, so why not trust an oil test on an engine?

Jed's Obsessive Charger Disorder
Stone White Charger R/T R&T ~ Fully Loaded ~ Born June 20, 2008

Mods: Rear Tint, Daytona Cross Hairs, Demolded, Debadged, Halos, Ram Eyes, Bezel Switches, Seq Turn Signals, BT Goodies, BT Catch Can, Hood Struts, Tinted Tails, Custom Half Covers with LED's, Airaid CAI, Predator, Street Edge Coil Overs, Aces IV, 100% QB Fluids
Future Plans: Exhaust system

Winning pic: Oct-08 Picture contest
#15 Old 12-25-2012, 05:10 PM
Phantomworks

370 Hemi I currently pay 70-80 bucks to have my oil changed so it is not a far leap for me to go to 100 with those results. My questions is this. SO I tell you what I have and your company "makes" an oil specific to my needs? I have just over 50K and am very interested on the sole fact that your test say there is no wear?!? So would you test my oil too? A before and after...also where is the post for your gas. I am very interested in anything that gets me more HP especially at such a cheap cost if you will. I have been to your website, but really am looking for a cost sheet to go forward...Also 20 mpg is a wet dream!

06 Charger SRT8, Heads & Cam, Procharger, ATI 5% OD, Stage II Valve Body, Long tube headers, high flow cats, catback, 85mm TB, tuned. personal vehicle tag "GM KILR"
#16 Old 12-25-2012, 06:24 PM
370 HEMI
Supporting Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantomworks View Post
370 Hemi I currently pay 70-80 bucks to have my oil changed so it is not a far leap for me to go to 100 with those results.

Basically the change is $89.32 + a free oil filter. The other $12.76 is an extra quart of top off should you need it. If not, you still have that quart for the next time. The only other cost is shipping to you. Usually about 13-15.00 anyway.

My questions is this. SO I tell you what I have and your company "makes" an oil specific to my needs? I have just over 50K and am very interested on the sole fact that your test say there is no wear?!?

Yes, we take into consideration where you live, temperatures, mods, miles on the car, whether you drive more in the city or more on the highway or a combination, do you encounter salt/Winter, do you drive it like you stole it or drive it like a regular car etc. The bottom line is it is tailor made for your car and what you have and how you use it. We too are very interested in stopping the wear on the cars we make materials for.

So would you test my oil too? A before and after...

If you choose to do that, each sample kit is only $20.00 so you would have a baseline before using QB and then one for every change if you so choose. It helps us understand what is going on and adjust it based on the samples. Jed double checks the oil every change and buys a kit so that he can determine how things are going. He allows us to use the results to help others on this forum.

also where is the post for your gas. I am very interested in anything that gets me more HP especially at such a cheap cost if you will. I have been to your website, but really am looking for a cost sheet to go forward...Also 20 mpg is a wet dream!
Here are a few:

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/...power+gasoline

When you put the ACES IV together with the QB lubricants, at least on our SRT8, we picked up a total of 19 hp and 31 ftlbs of torque at the wheels. When we added the transmission fluid and differential oils, we got a total of 25 hp and 38 ftlbs of torque.

We can discuss what your goals are and then put a program together to get you to the dream you are looking for! LOL!

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Supporting Vendors > BND Automotive

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List