Upgrading Stock Alpine System - Page 7 - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Models (2011 - Up) > Audio - Alarms - Navigation - Electronics (2011 +)

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-11-2012, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamstubb View Post
Do you know if it is possible to add a kicker 8" sub to the oem mount? it looks like the harness wiring is there. I was thinking of doing the kicker upgrade and if possible add a sub if possible using the existing harness connectors.
I think you can but if I am not mistaken that required the bigger amp, like 322watts. One of my older 07 chargers had this 8" sub in the deck and it was not that great. You can always try to mount a separate sub and then use a separate amp and tap into the rear deck wire leads and use a line out converter. The only downside is sub in rear decks lose a lot of bass from my experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2012, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc2247 View Post
I think you can but if I am not mistaken that required the bigger amp, like 322watts. One of my older 07 chargers had this 8" sub in the deck and it was not that great. You can always try to mount a separate sub and then use a separate amp and tap into the rear deck wire leads and use a line out converter. The only downside is sub in rear decks lose a lot of bass from my experience.
Looks like if I was to go that far I should do it all up right with better amp and speakers and not try to work the 8" deck solution. Thanks for the info!
Interior: OEM Rearview Camera
JBL GTO3EZ/504 Amps /PAC C2A-CHY5 HU Adapter
Infinity Reference 3032 Dash 3.5"
Infinity Reference 9632 Door/Rear Deck 6x9"
Infinity Reference 1062W 10" sealed sub
Old 12-11-2012, 05:26 PM

no problem - good luck

I have just never heard an 8" sub on the deck really sound that great mainly because of the where its at
Old 12-11-2012, 06:18 PM

Anyone know how much it runs at the dealer for them to swap out the Alpines for the Kickers? Would really love to have this upgrade
Old 12-12-2012, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KING87 View Post
Anyone know how much it runs at the dealer for them to swap out the Alpines for the Kickers? Would really love to have this upgrade
I'm not sure they will do that, and if they will they will charge you out the wazoo.

The kit comes with great instructions and it pretty easy, plug -n-play.

About replacing the deck mounted sub with an aftermarket one, it's gonna sound like crap because a subwoofer requires an enclosure to function correctly. I'm not sure they make free-air woofers anymore.

I suggest changing out the front two dash speakers, getting a line-out-converter (I suggest using one by Audio Control that offers a control for the sub volume), tapping into the stock subwoofer speaker wires for a signal, and getting at least a 10 inch sub of your choice and amp.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got5onIt View Post
You can do the mopar kicker speaker upgrade which was discussed earlier in this thread but any aftermarket speaker will be better than what's in it now. If you're going to do speakers only, try to get replacements that are rated at 2 ohms. The factory speakers have a 2ohm load, if you go higher you'll lower your power output.
FYI: According to Kicker, the mopar oem upgrade is equivalent to their KS series and are rated 3.5-3.8 ohms.
Interior: OEM Rearview Camera
JBL GTO3EZ/504 Amps /PAC C2A-CHY5 HU Adapter
Infinity Reference 3032 Dash 3.5"
Infinity Reference 9632 Door/Rear Deck 6x9"
Infinity Reference 1062W 10" sealed sub
Old 12-14-2012, 11:44 PM

Does anyone kno if upgrading from the alpine to the Harmon in a srt requires a different wiring harness in the back of the 8.4n? Sorry if this was alrdy brought up b4 just haven't seen it anywhere

Ps: I've been looking up as much info as possible and kinda only able to verify any of my knowledge with pics I found on google that shows the wiring behind the dash

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Old 12-18-2012, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownie37fb View Post
Does anyone kno if upgrading from the alpine to the Harmon in a srt requires a different wiring harness in the back of the 8.4n? Sorry if this was alrdy brought up b4 just haven't seen it anywhere

Ps: I've been looking up as much info as possible and kinda only able to verify any of my knowledge with pics I found on google that shows the wiring behind the dash

I'm pretty sure it would require purchasing an HK amp to replace the Alpine amp. Not sure if each system (Beats, HK, Alpine) has a different amp or not.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi5674 View Post
I'm pretty sure it would require purchasing an HK amp to replace the Alpine amp. Not sure if each system (Beats, HK, Alpine) has a different amp or not.
Alright well since I asked I've found this Rockford Fosgate processor (3sixty.3) and it seems like a rather straight forward audio upgrade/swap once sliced in to the 8.4n

Looking to do a full 7.5 Rockford sound system install

Old 12-19-2012, 01:03 AM

MSRP $699? Dang! Check out AudioControl LC8i. Runs about $160.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Models (2011 - Up) > Audio - Alarms - Navigation - Electronics (2011 +)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.