This is the REAL Charger Competitor - Page 8 - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic

Off-Topic Anything not Charger-related having legitimate subject matter goes here, as long as it is work-safe. **Please post ALL social & 'just for fun' threads in Charger Chat ONLY!**

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-11-2012, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legmaker View Post
exactly my point mco........... unfortunately members like to quote magazines and be critical based on what is often, biased information. gm has never impressed me with anything. yes the new ctsv does have some very cool technology in their shock set ups, but i buy a car for the overall package. i find it humorous that we are discussing the "real" competition of a car that is not even on the dealer lots as far as i know, but rather something that was read in a magizine......
As far as I know, the Chevy SS is still an idea, not even a per-production vehicle yet. I believe all they have really shown so far was the Sprint Cup car with a "SS" body, part of NASCAR's new efforts to make their car of tomorrow start looking like the cars they take their names from. Other than that, I know of no specs or even spy shots of pre-production models testing yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2012, 12:27 PM

Couple of pics of the Nascar

Sent from my MB855 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1355254026419.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	72080   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1355254043152.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	72081  
Old 12-11-2012, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto426 View Post
As far as I know, the Chevy SS is still an idea, not even a per-production vehicle yet. I believe all they have really shown so far was the Sprint Cup car with a "SS" body, part of NASCAR's new efforts to make their car of tomorrow start looking like the cars they take their names from. Other than that, I know of no specs or even spy shots of pre-production models testing yet.
Spy shots of SS http://m.autoblog.com/photos/chevrolet-ss-spy-shots/

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
2013: SRT8 Charger: Tinted Windows
Old 12-11-2012, 12:46 PM

The CTS-V is a much better handling car than the SRT8. I don't think that really is debatable. It obviously is faster also.

But it is not that much faster and it is flat out UGLY with all caps on

It looks like a HS drawing project.

And it has about as much room inside as an Avenger, not a Charger
Old 12-11-2012, 12:59 PM

You can get an SRT-8 for under $50k... you won't be able to get a CTS-V for under $65k. In fact, I've seen brand new SRT-8s on the lot for $42k.

If you can afford a $65k car, go for it. I just don't think I could justify the extra cost over what you can get with a loaded SRT-8.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:40 PM

exactly^^^^^^

10.06 @ 140mph PWR forged 6.1 w/F1A Procharger @17psi / AfterHours Mopar Perf. installed!!!
my real name is CHRIS
Old 12-11-2012, 03:45 PM

If I was in the market right now I would get a Super Bee for $40K and spend $10K on a decent blower and call it a day. That will be as powerful as any Caddy, look much better, and have room inside for the fellas on party night
Old 12-11-2012, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFPVet View Post
You can get an SRT-8 for under $50k... you won't be able to get a CTS-V for under $65k. In fact, I've seen brand new SRT-8s on the lot for $42k.

If you can afford a $65k car, go for it. I just don't think I could justify the extra cost over what you can get with a loaded SRT-8.
Most of the CTS-Vs I've seen are $70K and up. Nice car, but way out of my price range! I did find the Superbee tempting when I bought my R/T.

I saw the spy photos of the SS and it sure does look like a G8 variant. That is a good thing depending on what the hood and grill look like. Could go either way. I am not overly impressed with the Chevy bowtie split grill, it reminds me of a Malibu. If they put the 6.2L in it, the price will definitely be well over $40K. The G8 GXP was $38K so you can expect low to mid 40s at least, and that is without a blower.

GTO_04
Old 12-11-2012, 04:28 PM

Quote:

Just from a pure "numbers" standpoint....going with Starting Prices:

For the CTS-V, you're paying $116.03 per Horsepower (556 HP, $64,515 Starting Price)
For the SRT-8, you're paying $98.91 per Horsepower (465 HP, $45,995 Starting Price)
For the Superbee, you're paying $92.46 per Horsepower (465 HP, $42,995)

For Weight the CTS-V is 4255, the SRT is 4365, and the SuperBee is 3961*

*I got that weight from Car&Driver's website...seems a little low to me, for some reason I thought the Superbee weighed in around 4150.

That gives the "Bang For The Buck" edge to Dodge

Top Banana #321
Mods
Old 12-11-2012, 05:59 PM

Quote:

Exactly.. THAT is the point. Why do people on this site want to continually compare these cars? Why not compare to an Audi R8 or a BMW 7 series as well? "For the price", an SRT 8 cannot be beat. If you're one of those gold chain types that have to brag that their CTSV is the baddest sedan on the road, blah,blah.blah; and, have the coin, go for it and PLEASE GO TO A CTSV SITE, to expose your new found love. I saw another poster exclaiming how the CTSV handle so much better at 140 plus.....I'm sure I do that ALL THE TIME on my commutes:rolleyes2 My question to him is: Is there any differance at all at 70mph? Probably not, and if there is, it most likely negligible. Sure want to pay an extra 15 grand for that!

Is it too much to ask to go to a Dodge Charger site and talk about Chargers?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.