Parking lot curb stops and repetitive stupidity - Page 2 - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > General Charger Discussion

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-06-2010, 11:35 AM

Yep, exactly why i wont lower mine. Trust me i would do it so fast, i know it looks better, but i simply dont want to make a problem.

Hopefully yours turns out ok.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2010, 12:50 PM

do you live in ft myers ? off neal rd ? theres a house there with a 08 bee that recently messed up its belly pan. it would be extremly wierd if that was you lol
Current Mods -- 10k HIDs Fogs & Lows, 22" Matte Black Status Dynasty, Flashtech Bullet Halos Amber/White, Flowmaster Super 44 Dual Exhaust, Eibach Pro-Line, AAC Amber Interior LEDs, Pioneer Avic900-BT,(2) JL 10' W6, Carbon Fiber and Rogue Status Interior, Suede Black Headliner and Glove Box, SRT 8 Diffuser, Chin Spoiler, Matte Black Roof.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:18 PM

My Charger: 2010 SXT
Happened once, and my car's not even lowered. I don't pull in anymore, I back in.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:45 PM

The bottom of my fascia has several scratches thanks to the end of my driveway. It's also warped maybe a quarter of an inch on one side where I got it pretty good once. Annoys the hell out of me, but I'm the only one that notices.

Oh, so far as how to back out once your over a curb the only thing I can think of is to have a couple of short 2x4's in the trunk. Heck, even a short 1 by 4 would work.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:26 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Sorry to hear that buddy, my ride is just too damn low from my coilovers, I love the look but bottom out on the freeways is no fun.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:03 AM

ALRIGHTY! I guess I am a true Dodge Charger owner now that I have scraped the hell out of my fascia. Here's my story, after just buying my 2006 SRT8 with 40k on it I drove it from the dealership lot to Magnaflow Performance and had the exhaust redone and had cold air in-take installed which sat me comfortably around 513hp. Just being a jackass, I pull in to a restaurant(and of course I have to park up front) and I go rite over the curb stop. I back off the curb stop, go through my "WTF did I just do" moment and don't think anything of it. The next day I was going to meet with my father (who drives a Corvette C6) and I'm just hawlin ass, as I was coming up on 95mph I hear a super loud CRACK and then constant scraping.... needless to say the piece is pretty much screwed. It ripped all the clips that hold the plastic to the bumber clean off. I created some hillbilly bolts (by welding lock tight washers on to a nut and bolting the plastic to the bumper where the hole, now slots, are in the plastic and the holes on the bumper) it's a pretty sturdy fix, but still is always on my mind. Is this piece necessary or can I just take it off? Any advice (good or bad) would be much appreciated! Thanks
Old 12-10-2012, 10:29 AM

Do a search on belly pan and you will get some pretty decent info....while it is a good part for the SRT, I know there are plenty (including myself) who do not have one and everything works just fine. Though, I am always on the lookout for a new belly pan.

Real Name is Chris
2006 SRT8 *** Options I, II, III *** AEF CAI *** Zoomers *** Various Custom touches *** Plasti Dipped Body and Wheels *** Attitude from MOPAR
Old 12-10-2012, 12:19 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by POTTER View Post
Do a search on belly pan and you will get some pretty decent info....while it is a good part for the SRT, I know there are plenty (including myself) who do not have one and everything works just fine. Though, I am always on the lookout for a new belly pan.
I knew I was calling it something it was not so thank you for telling me what the part is. The only thing I'm worried about is snow and salt, but I guess I'll have to take it as it comes! Thanks A bunch!
Old 12-10-2012, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan305 View Post
Yep, exactly why i wont lower mine.
+1. With the roads in my area I would never dream of lowering any vehicle. Just about every ricer I see in my neck of the woods with a body kit typically has the front splitter chewed up or torn off the car. I worry enough about road rash on my paint as is.

Besides, I personally think my car sits perfectly as it is, no lowering kits needed. IMO a muscle car should sit up a little bit, not be slammed to the ground like some ricer.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:44 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Charger: 2013 Mustang GT
Send a message via AIM to Fudge
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanPop View Post
Sorry about the damage. Of course everyone is different heights and has seats set differently but when pulling up to a curb I stop when the sight of the top corner of the curb clears the underside of my drivers side mirror. It always leaves me about 1 foot from the curb.
Hey works for me to in all of my cars!!
Accept my moms van, if you do that you are sitting on the curb!

http://www.youtube.com/user/StoneWhiteDaytona

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > General Charger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.