Parking lot curb stops and repetitive stupidity - Page 2 - Dodge Charger Forums
General Charger Discussion General Discussion about the Dodge Charger.

post #11 of 41 Old 10-06-2010, 11:35 AM
Dylan305

Yep, exactly why i wont lower mine. Trust me i would do it so fast, i know it looks better, but i simply dont want to make a problem.

Hopefully yours turns out ok.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 41 Old 10-06-2010, 12:50 PM
RogueStatus239

do you live in ft myers ? off neal rd ? theres a house there with a 08 bee that recently messed up its belly pan. it would be extremly wierd if that was you lol

Current Mods -- 10k HIDs Fogs & Lows, 22" Matte Black Status Dynasty, Flashtech Bullet Halos Amber/White, Flowmaster Super 44 Dual Exhaust, Eibach Pro-Line, AAC Amber Interior LEDs, Pioneer Avic900-BT,(2) JL 10' W6, Carbon Fiber and Rogue Status Interior, Suede Black Headliner and Glove Box, SRT 8 Diffuser, Chin Spoiler, Matte Black Roof.
post #13 of 41 Old 10-06-2010, 02:18 PM
Paladin

Happened once, and my car's not even lowered. I don't pull in anymore, I back in.

post #14 of 41 Old 10-06-2010, 02:45 PM
Charger-Steve

The bottom of my fascia has several scratches thanks to the end of my driveway. It's also warped maybe a quarter of an inch on one side where I got it pretty good once. Annoys the hell out of me, but I'm the only one that notices.

Oh, so far as how to back out once your over a curb the only thing I can think of is to have a couple of short 2x4's in the trunk. Heck, even a short 1 by 4 would work.

2013 PC Charger Superbee SRT8
2008 Torred Charger SRT8 (Gone)
2006 Mango Charger Daytona (Gone)
post #15 of 41 Old 10-06-2010, 05:26 PM
ChargerJay
Supporting Member (Lifetime)

Sorry to hear that buddy, my ride is just too damn low from my coilovers, I love the look but bottom out on the freeways is no fun.

post #16 of 41 Old 12-10-2012, 10:03 AM
Godzproblem_6.1

ALRIGHTY! I guess I am a true Dodge Charger owner now that I have scraped the hell out of my fascia. Here's my story, after just buying my 2006 SRT8 with 40k on it I drove it from the dealership lot to Magnaflow Performance and had the exhaust redone and had cold air in-take installed which sat me comfortably around 513hp. Just being a jackass, I pull in to a restaurant(and of course I have to park up front) and I go rite over the curb stop. I back off the curb stop, go through my "WTF did I just do" moment and don't think anything of it. The next day I was going to meet with my father (who drives a Corvette C6) and I'm just hawlin ass, as I was coming up on 95mph I hear a super loud CRACK and then constant scraping.... needless to say the piece is pretty much screwed. It ripped all the clips that hold the plastic to the bumber clean off. I created some hillbilly bolts (by welding lock tight washers on to a nut and bolting the plastic to the bumper where the hole, now slots, are in the plastic and the holes on the bumper) it's a pretty sturdy fix, but still is always on my mind. Is this piece necessary or can I just take it off? Any advice (good or bad) would be much appreciated! Thanks
post #17 of 41 Old 12-10-2012, 10:29 AM
POTTER

Do a search on belly pan and you will get some pretty decent info....while it is a good part for the SRT, I know there are plenty (including myself) who do not have one and everything works just fine. Though, I am always on the lookout for a new belly pan.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Real Name is Chris
2006 SRT8 *** Options I, II, III *** AEF CAI *** Zoomers *** Various Custom touches *** Plasti Dipped Body and Wheels *** Attitude from MOPAR
post #18 of 41 Old 12-10-2012, 12:19 PM
Godzproblem_6.1

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by POTTER View Post
Do a search on belly pan and you will get some pretty decent info....while it is a good part for the SRT, I know there are plenty (including myself) who do not have one and everything works just fine. Though, I am always on the lookout for a new belly pan.
I knew I was calling it something it was not so thank you for telling me what the part is. The only thing I'm worried about is snow and salt, but I guess I'll have to take it as it comes! Thanks A bunch!
post #19 of 41 Old 12-10-2012, 09:02 PM
Auto426

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan305 View Post
Yep, exactly why i wont lower mine.
+1. With the roads in my area I would never dream of lowering any vehicle. Just about every ricer I see in my neck of the woods with a body kit typically has the front splitter chewed up or torn off the car. I worry enough about road rash on my paint as is.

Besides, I personally think my car sits perfectly as it is, no lowering kits needed. IMO a muscle car should sit up a little bit, not be slammed to the ground like some ricer.
post #20 of 41 Old 12-11-2012, 07:44 PM
Fudge
Supporting Member (Lifetime)

Send a message via AIM to Fudge
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanPop View Post
Sorry about the damage. Of course everyone is different heights and has seats set differently but when pulling up to a curb I stop when the sight of the top corner of the curb clears the underside of my drivers side mirror. It always leaves me about 1 foot from the curb.
Hey works for me to in all of my cars!!
Accept my moms van, if you do that you are sitting on the curb!

~2013 Mustang GT (Deep Impact Blue)
-2009 Dodge Charger R/T Daytona 364/400 (SOLD ... and missed)

http://www.youtube.com/user/StoneWhiteDaytona

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > General Charger Discussion

Quick Reply

User Tag List