Crazy with Spyder Auto One-piece headlights, help!!! - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Exterior Discussion/Modifications

Exterior Discussion/Modifications Discussion of exterior modifications belongs in this section, even if the visual modification slightly affects performance (ie. spoilers, etc)

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-06-2012, 03:06 AM

Crazy with Spyder Auto One-piece headlights, help!!!

Hi guys, I just switched to one-piece crystal headlights made by Spyder Auto for my 10 Charger SXT, well, they look great but super dim even when I had HIDs! Now in the night I can barely see the road light up with dark blue lights but the HIDs are white actually. Another weird thing is the headlights light up road signs which hanging high from very far, so I am also afraid of it being offensive to opposite drivers.

I really can't accept that HIDs are way dimmer than the stock bulbs/housing! And I wonder it might be the issue of no reflector/projector on them, is anyone has experience with this lights and similar issue? Thank you very much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 06:12 AM

There should be an adjustment bolt/screw that allows you to adjust the light output up or down. Sounds like this is the problem. Its easiest to do on a flat level surface and park behind a car roughly 25-30 feet away. Then you adjust the lights to the desired height and you should be good to go
Murdered Out Exterior
Danko Front Lip
ETC.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:47 AM

i had those, well still do but for what i know is you cant really adjust anything... besides putting in that mounting it came with, i had HID's on them but they were never as dim as you're describing even the LED's on the bottom were pretty bright.. ofcourse if we are talking about the same lights, if not..oops
Old 12-06-2012, 04:13 PM

Spyder headlights and taillights are just....junk Horrible design, horrible quality. They are not only made in China, but DESIGNED in China as well.

If I were you I would switchback to OEM headlights. Get some OEM Projector HID if you want better light output. These aftermarket ones wont last long.

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic43010_3.gif
Old 12-06-2012, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trashboat View Post
i had those, well still do but for what i know is you cant really adjust anything... besides putting in that mounting it came with, i had HID's on them but they were never as dim as you're describing even the LED's on the bottom were pretty bright.. ofcourse if we are talking about the same lights, if not..oops
Well I think we are talking about same thing, those with turn signals on sides and around ten LEDs on the bottom and no reflectors right? Maybe I should adjust them or switch to lower temperature HIDs...Thanks! I really wanna keep them cuz I like the LEDs and turn signals on sides instead of center.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:53 PM

It sounds like they are pointed way up. Try adjusting them down a little. I had that issue in the past before. If your using HID's no matter what you should have a better output.

2006 Charger R/T
- Carbon Fiber LMI Hammer Intake - Boss 22's - Blastin' Bobs 7db Reso Delete - Tranzformer Shift Kit - K&N CAI - DiabloSport - inTune CAI Tune - BT Catch Can - Tinted Marker's - 10000K HID - Halo & LED Headlights - CF Vinyl Dash & Door Pillar Overlay
Old 12-07-2012, 02:57 PM

Are you getting "flashed" by other drivers? If so they are probably too high. The lamps are set high from the factory. You need to adjust them. Open the hood and look down from above. There's a brass screw you need to turn to lower them. Go for a test run (with the screwdriver) and check out the light pattern on the cars ahead of you. I have mine set like 3-6 inches below the trunk's of other cars. Ultimately you might want to consider getting a HID fog light upgrade. A $35 set works pretty well. The only other thing I can think of is if the bulbs themselves are not seated well in the lamp.

2010 Dodge Charger SXT 3.5

Spyder Halo/LED/Projection lights, 5k HID Lows & Fogs
K2 Black Honeycomb Grill w/ 1969 Charger Emblem
Custom Black Billet T-Shift w/ "Charger" engraving
30% Tint, all 5 windows, Class III Receiver
Diablosport (93 tune) CAI (generic/fender) R/T Exhaust.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:43 PM
Supporting Member (Lifetime)
Lifetime Supporting Member

What temp are the HID's...

2006 Top Banana #3033-4000..Arrington Heads and Crazy Spartan Cam..LSA114.Mopar CAI, Mopar LT's w/Hi-flo's ..Mopar/Borla 125 Cat-bac.Custom Dyno-tuned by Brent at DTP Racing..370rwhp..380rwtqe..QB oil..Aces Fuel..P/S additive. VMP 13.491@103.48 2.055 60'
2006 INFERNO RED SRT8..Mopar CAI 180stat..Custom Tuned by BRENT at DTP..402rwhp..398rwtqe
NUFF SAID
http://www.hr-mopar.com/...http://www.midatlanticmodernmopars.com
Roanoke Valley Mopar Club/Classic and Modern Mopars...http://www.roanokevalleymoparclub.webs.com
Old 12-07-2012, 05:52 PM

@ XKM121 -

I had a set of Spyder headlights that not only preformed just as well, better then OEM. And as for the made and designed in China.... where do you think the bulk of the LEDS that are here are sourced from? CHINA
Old 12-09-2012, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericperrier View Post
@ XKM121 -

I had a set of Spyder headlights that not only preformed just as well, better then OEM. And as for the made and designed in China.... where do you think the bulk of the LEDS that are here are sourced from? CHINA
Are they the same crystal lights with LEDs on the bottom and without projectors or reflectors? I really have no idea of how can I adjust them...big thanks!

Also thank you to all guys helping me, I tried to adjust them but it won't work...also the HIDs are 8000k I think. Yesterday I went to a body shop and they said the chrome was unable to reflect enough light to the front and they could do nothing...maybe I have to switch to the projectors...but I really like the turn signals put on sides instead of center. So suggestion is welcomed if any of you guys know some headlights have this feature. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Exterior Discussion/Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.