Angry venting...local shop messed up my car!! - Page 3 - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic

Off-Topic Anything not Charger-related having legitimate subject matter goes here, as long as it is work-safe. **Please post ALL social & 'just for fun' threads in Charger Chat ONLY!**

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-07-2012, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERMAN View Post
Oh man!!

Hope it gets taken care of properly..

Regarding that tech..well..as much as you/we love our cars, keep in mind that we each have to pay our bills one way or the other..
I'd say go easy on the fella...he was prolly having a bad day or such...you never know..

Stuff happens..but hey, I'm glad the dealership owned up to it in the first place!

Looking forward to hearing what happens..Keep us posted!!
We do all have bad days, that's true enough. However we should own up to our mistakes, especially when it affects someone elses property like this. The intangible affect is that it causes people to lose trust in most, if not all, techs...unfortunately.
Potter, sorry this happened but glad for you they're making it right.

07 SuperBee #896!

Options groups I, II, & III | Sunroof | side airbags | remote start | Centric Posi Quiet Brake Pads | Diablo Predator | 180 TSTAT | Superbee Valve Stem Caps
Coming: Some CAI eventually...Franentake? LMI? Who knows.
Gallery: http://www.chargerforums.com/gallery...ser=12997&sl=c
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2012, 10:17 AM

Going to see the work done in the morning....body shop owner said its straight as an arrow amd the paint work will be.done by the afternoon. Looking forward ro getting her back

Sent from my SCH-I510 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Real Name is Chris
2006 SRT8 *** Options I, II, III *** AEF CAI *** Zoomers *** Various Custom touches *** Plasti Dipped Body and Wheels *** Attitude from MOPAR
Old 12-07-2012, 11:26 AM

I feel your pain....Got my car back from the local Dodge dealer and my drivers side door was banged up all the way down to the primer ..... they never bothered to say anything shop manager made all kind of excuses, said oh our guys are honest guess he didn't notice.

Needless to say my 4 month old car ended up getting the drivers door repainted at the dealers cost... luckily it came out perfect.

Haven't been back to the service dept. Since

Sent from my MB855 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 12-08-2012, 11:19 AM

Picked the Charger up this morning and she is perfect, jyst like she was. The shop also guarantees the work and finish for life. Plus they washed and detailed her too! Very happy to have her back!

Old 12-08-2012, 11:36 AM

Yay!!

2007 TorRed SXT/AWD: Gone, but not forgotten.
2011 Mustang GT, Kona Blue
2007 Ram 1500 4x4, 4.7l V8. mods have started...
Old 12-08-2012, 02:43 PM
Supporting Member (Lifetime)
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Charger: 2006 RT w/ R&T
Glad they made things right for you.

How do I.... EVERYTHING!
Old 12-08-2012, 03:50 PM

Send a message via AIM to hskr Send a message via Yahoo to hskr
Back in 1999, not even two months after I started driving my brand new custom ordered Dakota R/T, I had to take it in because the transmission was leaking from the tailshaft. Took it in to local Dodge dealer figuring they would be able to do the warranty work just fine. Won't go into the full details of why they eventually had to replace the whole transmission, but they had the truck for over two weeks total. They had me in a rental car and I was calling dealership veryday asking for updates. Called and they said they got the tranny in and just needed to take it out for a test drive. I was working night shift so couldn't go get it until the next day. I still had my spare keys, so after I got off work at midnight I drove to dealer just to check on it. Got to the dealer and the truck was sitting in the service department parking lot. Unlocked the door to check it out and when I opened the drivers side door it made a loud popping sound. To shut it you had to lift up on the handle and there was a crease on the inside door panel. I didn't know exactly what had happened yet but I was pissed. Went back to my room, woke up early the next day and as I was on my way to dealer the service manager called to say my truck was ready. I asked him if he had looked at the truck before he called me. He said no and asked why i wanted to know. I just told him I would be there in 10 minutes and we can discuss it then. Took him out to the truck when i got there and showed him the door, he didn't know what to say. Come to find out the tech working on my truck forgot to shut the door as he backed it off the lift and bent the door forward. They had to order new hinges and a new inner door panel. Another two weeks goes by waiting on the correct parts since they ordered the wrong ones to begin with and the body shop to finish the work. Which I found out after the fact that the body shop went cheap and clear coated over top of the decals on the door when they refinished the door. That dealer never got another minute of my time after that. I drove the extra 1/2 hour to the next town to a 5-star dealer which gave me the best service I have ever had. Didn't care about any of my mods and actually looked forward to my visits just to see what else I had done to the truck.

Old 12-08-2012, 04:00 PM

Send a message via AIM to hskr Send a message via Yahoo to hskr
And to top it off, when they finally finished with the truck and I drove it away the gas tank was completely empty, as in the truck has a 22 gallon fuel tank and it took me 22.5 gallons to fill it up at the gas station on the corner.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:05 PM

At the 1000 mile new car customization, the car wash guys forgot they left the door open and backed it out. Bent the door, hinges, pillar, etc. Brand new Lexus. Door never closed exactly the same and all they did was fix it (gave me free rental which took 1 month) and 2 or 3 oil changes.

In the end, I forgot about it and now I no longer own that car so it doesn't matter.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by POTTER View Post
Picked the Charger up this morning and she is perfect, jyst like she was. The shop also guarantees the work and finish for life. Plus they washed and detailed her too! Very happy to have her back!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.