Diablo Tuner or Arrington Stage 1 with PCM? - Dodge Charger Forums
Performance Discussion/Modifications Discuss any performance modification in this section.

#1 Old 12-07-2012, 06:59 AM
V1P3R

(Thread Starter)
Diablo Tuner or Arrington Stage 1 with PCM?

Hi guys!
I need some advice as i am confused as to what to do.
Now that the tunes are out for 2011+ Chargers, i am weighing the pro's and con's of getting a tuner now vs waiting for the Arrington-Mopar deal to start selling their Phase 1 kit which includes CAI and exhaust, plus mopar tunes on a PCM. However, while there is plenty of knowledge around using a tuner, i am not clear as to how the Arrington deal with pan out for customers like me who are not near enough Mopar approved vendors to drive down and get the job done.
Do you think I can do both? Or will the tuner become useless once i put in the PCM from Arrington with Mopar approved tunes?
I have a 2012 Charger RT AWD which is bone stock right now.
Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-07-2012, 02:21 PM
V1P3R

(Thread Starter)
Bump!
Guys, any help?
#3 Old 12-07-2012, 02:32 PM
zoomzoom1
Supporting Member (Lifetime)

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1P3R View Post
Bump!
Guys, any help?
Wait for the tuner!!!

2006 Top Banana #3033-4000..Arrington Heads and Crazy Spartan Cam..LSA114.Mopar CAI, Mopar LT's w/Hi-flo's ..Mopar/Borla 125 Cat-bac.Custom Dyno-tuned by Brent at DTP Racing..370rwhp..380rwtqe..QB oil..Aces Fuel..P/S additive. VMP 13.491@103.48 2.055 60'
2006 INFERNO RED SRT8..Mopar CAI 180stat..Custom Tuned by BRENT at DTP..402rwhp..398rwtqe
NUFF SAID
http://www.hr-mopar.com/...http://www.midatlanticmodernmopars.com
Roanoke Valley Mopar Club/Classic and Modern Mopars...http://www.roanokevalleymoparclub.webs.com
#4 Old 12-08-2012, 09:55 AM
V1P3R

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom1 View Post
Wait for the tuner!!!
Why wait? The 2011+ tunes are out and available on Trinity already, right? Although i am hearing that quite a few folks are having troubles with them on their 2011+ models.
#5 Old 12-08-2012, 11:35 AM
joem_

As far as I know, you won't be able to use DS's equipment on Arrington's Mopar PCM.

As for the 2011+ tunes being out.... DiabloSport CMR tuning isn't quite available yet, only Diablo's canned tune plus the user modifications.

2011 Charger R/T Plus AWD Tungsten Metallic -- Fully Loaded, Spoiler Delete, Sunroof Delete
Done: DS Trinity; Corsa Extreme CB; Edelbrock E-Force supercharger; Illuminated Door Sils; 15% Tint
Sound: Two Infinity KappaOne amps pushing two SSA GCONs in self-built tuned & sealed box
#6 Old 12-09-2012, 08:58 AM
V1P3R

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joem_ View Post
As far as I know, you won't be able to use DS's equipment on Arrington's Mopar PCM.

As for the 2011+ tunes being out.... DiabloSport CMR tuning isn't quite available yet, only Diablo's canned tune plus the user modifications.
Thats what i thought regarding Mopar PCMs. But since i dont intend to go beyond stage 1 modifications, the user modifications on stock PCM should do just fine.
#7 Old 12-15-2012, 03:22 PM
zoomzoom1
Supporting Member (Lifetime)

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1P3R View Post
Why wait? The 2011+ tunes are out and available on Trinity already, right? Although i am hearing that quite a few folks are having troubles with them on their 2011+ models.
The CMR tuning that is with DS..custom tuners is way better than the canned tunes, and changing out the PCM only means that if anything that happens, you only have one option...Just sayin..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Performance Discussion/Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List