Costco gas quality, What do you think? - Page 3 - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Performance Discussion/Modifications

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-05-2012, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkm121 View Post
Well, do some data logging man. Statistics dont lie. If it gives your SRT ST or LT knock then you need to stop pump gas at Costco
Do you plan on doing any more data logging with the Costco gas? Since batches vary as others have stated, you would need to try at least a few more times to get a more accurate conclusion.

I use Costco gas because they have the cheapest price on 93 around, so I would be curious as to your findings. There is a sign above all the pumps that says the gas contains five times the EPA detergent requirement, which is another plus IMO.

2009 Brilliant Black SRT8
SRT Group Option II+III

Airaid CAI w/ scoop
180 Thermostat and BT Catch Can
HHP Stage 1 Cam/Diablo CMR tune
(Dynojet) 425 RWHP / 411 RWTQ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 07:19 AM
Supporting Vendor

My Charger: 2006 Dodge Charger SRT8
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT8 PWR View Post
Do you plan on doing any more data logging with the Costco gas? Since batches vary as others have stated, you would need to try at least a few more times to get a more accurate conclusion.

I use Costco gas because they have the cheapest price on 93 around, so I would be curious as to your findings. There is a sign above all the pumps that says the gas contains five times the EPA detergent requirement, which is another plus IMO.
The other thing to remember is the conversion of BTU Value. The energy content and octane value are two different things. When the batches of fuel are more volatile and moisture that is collected due to the ethanol drops the octane value into the water (hygroscopic), you get the detonation and knock retard that you have seen. This is also known as phase separation.

We have worked very hard to formulate ACES IV to molecularly balance the fuel, incorporate the ethanol and lock it into the fuel, stop it's ability to absorb water, and then use a catalyst to break down the % water as hydrogen and oxygen and incorporate that into the fuel. Running these varying batches of fuel doesn't have to be a problem if you treat it with the right technology.

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

More Power, More Torque, Better MPGs - It's "Rocket Fuel For Your Car"

Custom Designed & Custom Blended "ALWAYS beats shelf the brands"

Better cooling, better protection without all "The Gunk"
Old 12-05-2012, 08:10 AM

I don't know how many of you saw the Fifth Gear episode where they tested different gasolines on a dyno but they found Shell increased performance by 5 HP over other brands.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:35 AM

Send a message via AIM to Kittswife Send a message via Yahoo to Kittswife
Where do you guys live that your Wal-Marts and Costcos have gas??? Ours don't. Not that we'd use gas from there anyway, but I'm curious. We have never ever used anything but BP gasoline.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:15 PM

Try E85 guys

2012 Mustang 3.7 - SRT Killer

1995 Honda Civic - Daily
Old 12-05-2012, 03:00 PM

My Charger: 09 SXT Deep Water Blue
How's the gas mileage, Do you get better gas mileage with less knock?
Old 12-05-2012, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD13X View Post
How's the gas mileage, Do you get better gas mileage with less knock?
MPG varies greatly with driving as well as traffic condition.

Knock will affect engine performance and condition, in a negative way of course.

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic43010_3.gif
Old 12-06-2012, 12:13 AM

I'm so glad that I have a station where I live that is non-ethanol. Pure gasoline. It costs 30 cents more per gallon than ethanol E10 fuel but Ill gladly pay the difference. The difference in mpg without ACES is 4mpg. I get 28 combined mpg using E10 fuel and 32 combined mpg in my 96 VW Jetta. I don't have to worry about the ethanol separating out of the fuel in the ground tank and destroying my car. This is also one of the reasons I'm switching to diesel vehicles in the future. No Ethanol in Diesel.

My other rides. '13 Toyota Highlander '73 Corvette, '01 VW GTI VR6 (R32 Engine Swap).

Old 12-06-2012, 09:24 PM

My Charger: 09 SXT Deep Water Blue
It takes about 20 days for it to separate (look it up).
I highly doubt that any station will have gas that sits in their tanks for that long......

It's too bad they don't sell any in NJ, at least in decent quantities.
You can get it at any Home Depot, Sears, or Lowe's in the small engine area.
You learn allot when having to deal with a fuel shortage and waiting 2+ hours for gas.

Diesel has it's own problems, just don't add any Jello.
Bio-Diesel= Methanol + Cooking oil.

Ethanol= Grain Alcohol
Methanol= Wood Alcohol

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEN XER View Post
I'm so glad that I have a station where I live that is non-ethanol. Pure gasoline. It costs 30 cents more per gallon than ethanol E10 fuel but Ill gladly pay the difference. The difference in mpg without ACES is 4mpg. I get 28 combined mpg using E10 fuel and 32 combined mpg in my 96 VW Jetta. I don't have to worry about the ethanol separating out of the fuel in the ground tank and destroying my car. This is also one of the reasons I'm switching to diesel vehicles in the future. No Ethanol in Diesel.

Last edited by JD13X; 12-06-2012 at 09:28 PM.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:38 AM
Supporting Vendor

My Charger: 2006 Dodge Charger SRT8
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEN XER View Post
Hey W.

When you get the diesel vehicle let me know and we will get you out some ACES II Diesel Formula. 1 qt does 500 gallons of fuel. Typical gains are 10%......have seen 16% before but on heavy equipment!

Biodiesel is not an issue. ACES II is good up to 20% biodiesel....hopefully B9000 quality. Beyond that, I have a formula we did for 21% to 100% biodiesel and with any feed stock! Rape Seed, Canola, Palm Kernal, Sugar Cane, Bamboo.....etc.

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

More Power, More Torque, Better MPGs - It's "Rocket Fuel For Your Car"

Custom Designed & Custom Blended "ALWAYS beats shelf the brands"

Better cooling, better protection without all "The Gunk"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Performance Discussion/Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.