I have a gremlin in my trunk - Dodge Charger Forums
Charger Problems/Assistance (2011 +) You having problems with your Charger? Check and see if it is a common problem and get answers here.

#1 Old 12-01-2012, 12:26 AM
Skipgo

(Thread Starter)
I have a gremlin in my trunk

Today my girlfriend and I drove into town so I could pick up some printing. I pulled into their parking lot, left the car running because she was staying in the car, when I got out the trunk was open. I thought maybe I bumped the button so I closed it and went in. When I came out and opened the car door the trunk popped open again. This happened a couple times, every time I opened the door the trunk opened. My FOB was in my pocket and hers was in her purse. We took both out, to be sure we weren't pushing the buttons but the trunk kept opening. I was just a few blocks from the dealer so I drove over. I pulled into the service bay and left it running. When I got out the trunk opened again. The service writer wasn't looking when I got out so she didn't see it happen. Of course as it always happens it wouldn't do it again. She said they were busy and I would have to leave the car and if they couldn't reproduce the problem they might not be able to fix it. I didn't want to sit there all day so I left and went to eat. No more problems until we got home. When I pulled up to the house. I opened the door before I turned the car off and the trunk opened opened again. I guess I will take it back tomorrow. Anyone else have a similar problem?

2011 R/T Max
Silver/Red
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-01-2012, 01:47 PM
Skipgo

(Thread Starter)
Update: Today I was going back to the dealer, so I started the car with the remote and no problem when I opened the door. I went to the trunk and pushed the button on the trunk but it would not open. It would open with the FOB. That had happened a couple weeks ago for a few days, then the button started working again. I went to the dealer and they said they only had a skeleton crew on Saturday, could I bring it back on Monday. When I went to leave, I pushed the start button and the trunk opened. When I got home I shut it off and pushed the start button again and it opened the trunk again. Weird.
#3 Old 12-01-2012, 08:23 PM
TBird100636

Cool

Possible candidate for TSB 08-028-11. The TSB details if the Passive Entry button on the trunk is inop., it gets replaced. Could be shorted and causing it to repeatedly open. Only applies if your car was built between 12/21/10 (MDH 1221XX) and 2/21/11 (MDH 0221XX). The MDH code is on the drivers door tag.

2011 Dodge Charger R/T Plus AWD- Redline-5.7L Hemi Registry #1650 Tbird100636

2006 Dodge Charger R/T- Inferno Red- Gone-5.7L Hemi Registry # 00696 Tbird100636
#4 Old 12-01-2012, 11:43 PM
Skipgo

(Thread Starter)
Thank you for the reply. My car was built in January of 2011 so it sounds like my problem. I printed the TSB and will take it with me on Monday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Models (2011 - Up) > Charger Problems/Assistance (2011 +)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List