$151 to turn my Daylight Running Lights on!!! - Page 3 - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Performance Discussion/Modifications

Performance Discussion/Modifications Discuss any performance modification in this section.

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-26-2012, 03:34 PM

My Charger: '10 SXT and '07 Sublime RT #565
$125/hr is what my dealership charges. Whatever it's done with, I'm not dealing with them again, the 07 has no warranty, so eff you very much Lakehead Dodge.

A new religion that will bring you to your knees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2012, 07:42 AM

I'm not sure what your "daylight running lights" function is myself. Couldn't you just turn on the parking lights or is it something different and why was it not working before if you needed it?

As to the charges, it's ridiculous to me, but then it isn't my business to run..I installed a set of fog lights on mine and they wanted $105 or so to turn 'em on with the scanner..I mean plug it in and hit "enable" on the programming switch..I passed..

I went home and used a couple of relays off of the wiring harness and made 'em all work via relay. I did install a toggle inside to keep them off in any occasion if I just don't want them on..Turn on parking lights and fogs light up, normal working with the headlights and hit the high beam and they go off..Took me about two hours to wire it all up. Cost me about $15..

Griz
Old 11-30-2012, 07:53 AM

I would assume you moved to ontario from the states? IE not an ontario car.

That is a crazy price for that for sure.
1982 Kawasaki KZ1100 Spectre
Old 11-30-2012, 11:21 AM

My Charger: 2012 SRT8
It's stuff like this why people don't use the dealerships more. They screw themselves if you ask me by raping customers for the smaller stuff.

I know the equipment costs the dealership money but they don't need to make it all back on me...lol

Current 2012 Dodge Charger SRT8
Traded 2012 Dodge Charger R/T AWD
Old 11-30-2012, 03:42 PM

Send a message via AIM to topbanana3767
what do you mean turn on daytime running lights?
785hp@crank 610hp@wheels/426 hemi by inertia/supercharger/custom cam/kooks lt/kooks hiflow cats/b&b catback/1000hp half shafts/quafiee diff/front middle and rear strut bars/srt gears/challenger rims/predator/dvd/2800protq conv/srt brakes/srt hood/ported 6.1 manifold jethot coated/mopar 5.7 heads/srt radiator/catch can/cabin filter/killer daytona theme/tranny and engine coolers/msd coils/msd fuel pump/meth kit/mopar tcm/siemens 60lb injectors/driveshaft saftey loop/ati dampner/aeroforce and 2 a-f guage/cpr fuel rail w-xover/aac halos/walbro fuel pump/fuel psi guage/bnd quantum oils & fuels/psi valve springs/builder bill tranny/flexplate/valve body/bt shifter plate/hotchkis swaybars/paddle shifters/
Old 11-30-2012, 03:47 PM
Supporting Member (Lifetime)
Lifetime Supporting Member

you shoulda got it done in the states, most of the time they'll do it for free or you can tip them 20 dollars. I was going to turn mine off for free but they were scared to do it.
2008 SXT Brilliant Black - OEM SRT8 hood, Flowmasters 44s mufflers with a Magnflow X pipe on an RT exhaust, AFE II CAI, astra hammond aluminum louvers, SRT Honeycomb grill with chrome delete and colour matched, De-badged, 20% all around tint, HID HEADLIGHTS projecors HID Fogs, SRT8 Diffuser, Daytona colour matched spoiler, 91 Octane tune, tinted and colour matched tail lights. Red Anodized Billet tech catch can and dip stick. HID back up lights. Daytona chin spoiler. FlashTech LED headlights and taillights halo's.

"The strongest fire makes the hardest steel"
Old 11-30-2012, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVRSRTCDN View Post

She is from Ontario and brought the car up from the States. Daytime running lights are federal law in Canada and considered a part of the vehicle safety. As such, they must operate as part of the vehicles provincial safety inspection.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:59 AM

My Charger: '10 SXT and '07 Sublime RT #565
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVRSRTCDN View Post

Car was imported to Ontario.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbelvedere View Post
She is from Ontario and brought the car up from the States. Daytime running lights are federal law in Canada and considered a part of the vehicle safety. As such, they must operate as part of the vehicles provincial safety inspection.
Thank you, well said.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Innocent View Post
$125/hr is what my dealership charges. Whatever it's done with, I'm not dealing with them again, the 07 has no warranty, so eff you very much Lakehead Dodge.
Oh, it's not just your dealership....that looks to be the standard labor charge for doing that. My parents had them activated on their '06 300C, and that's around what it cost them as well.

So no, it's not just that particular dealership.

Top Banana #321
Mods
Old 12-08-2012, 03:40 PM

My Charger: 09 SXT Deep Water Blue
Most of the programming is done with the star scan.
It cost me $48.00 with tax just to program and cut the key on my new key FOB.

The dealership wanted $152 and change + tax for the Key FOB alone.
I bought one on E-Bay for $63.00 and had some E-bay bucks: cost me: $47.00.

Unless it has to be done by the dealership, look elsewhere for a good mechanic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Performance Discussion/Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.