rear trunk deck surface protector - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Exterior Discussion/Modifications

Exterior Discussion/Modifications Discussion of exterior modifications belongs in this section, even if the visual modification slightly affects performance (ie. spoilers, etc)

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-01-2012, 08:19 AM
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

rear trunk deck surface protector

I am looking for something to protect the rear area just below the trunk lid on the Charger. Its had some scratches that i can remove but I'm sure someone makes a rubber mat type of thing to go there. I've been searching but its always a matter of the right phrase to search for. Any ideas? i thought I saw one somewhere here on the forum.

Thanks.

Lewis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2012, 09:47 AM

You can put clear vinyl on it

Sent from my SCH-I510 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Real Name is Chris
2006 SRT8 *** Options I, II, III *** AEF CAI *** Zoomers *** Various Custom touches *** Plasti Dipped Body and Wheels *** Attitude from MOPAR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 06:57 PM

They say you can find them on eBay but I only see them occasionally.

2006 Charger R/T
- Carbon Fiber LMI Hammer Intake - Boss 22's - Blastin' Bobs 7db Reso Delete - Tranzformer Shift Kit - K&N CAI - DiabloSport - inTune CAI Tune - BT Catch Can - Tinted Marker's - 10000K HID - Halo & LED Headlights - CF Vinyl Dash & Door Pillar Overlay
Old 12-05-2012, 01:16 PM

get a sheet of uncut scotchgard only (youtube why you dont want to use other sub-par types. even 3m ventureshield doesnt hold up all that well) and take a cardboard template of the strip...use that to cut the size you need. i have yet to see, in any manufacturer, a precut kit for our cars that looks good.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:20 PM

My Charger: 2010 3.5L SXT V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by soupa-bee View Post
get a sheet of uncut scotchgard only (youtube why you dont want to use other sub-par types. even 3m ventureshield doesnt hold up all that well) and take a cardboard template of the strip...use that to cut the size you need. i have yet to see, in any manufacturer, a precut kit for our cars that looks good.
Can we see pics of what the finished product looks like?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
MOPAR STAGE 2 COILOVERS AND SWAY BARS
6000K HIDS HEADLIGHTS AND FOGLIGHTS
LUMINX CCFL HALO HEADLIGHTS AND TAILLIGHTS
BILLET TECHNOLOGY NOSE BADGE
Old 12-05-2012, 01:35 PM

i havent gotten around to doing it myself. i do a lot of vinyl work and some paint protection work. its very easy to do on such a simple surface.

i suppose i can add to one of my orders some PPF and do a little write up if theres any interest.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max0 View Post
I going to ask a little similar to you topic which is that My friend has one of those cars and he want to get rid of the rear chrome spoiler/rear trunk lip. He is thinking about Painting it black but he is not sure. So if you have a g coupe i could use some advice!
Chrome lip? Have a pic? Either way, use the search and look for Plasti Dip. Its a rubberized paint that he could use to paint over the chrome (easy, needs no paint experience) That way if he doesn't like it, you can actualy peal the paint back off without damaging the chrome/ paint under it. Check out https://www.dipyourcar.com/home.php
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Exterior Discussion/Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.