What's the fastest you have driven? - Page 11 - Dodge Charger Forums
Charger Chat Lounge This section is for socializing and 'just for fun' type threads. Please post those threads ONLY within this section!

View Poll Results: What's the fastest you've EVER driven?
100 to 120 10 12.82%
120 to 140 18 23.08%
140 plus 47 60.26%
10 over and that's it! 3 3.85%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

#101 Old 11-20-2012, 06:38 PM
GLHS837
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFPVet View Post
The regular geared 4.6 lead sleds ran out of thrust at 130 MPH (we had them pegged on every run). Now the 3.55 geared sled was limited to about 120. I just wasn't sure about the tires... you would have thought that they did add H rated tires to the police packaged sleds and a higher rating for the Charger pursuit. That wasn't a concern of mine when I was on duty, but now that I know more about cars, I looked back and wondered lol.

Another side note is that Goodyear, who supplies most of the tires seen in service, has explicit instructions that a proper plug and patch repair job on a puncture not only does not void the warranty, but does not affect the speed rating.

"For a mechanic, you seem to do an excessive amount of thinking."
―C-3PO, to R2-D2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#102 Old 11-20-2012, 07:57 PM
Miss Innocent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee With Scream View Post
It is hard not to open the HEMI up! It is just chosing a proper spot to do it. I know I cannot always help myself, but I always try to do it in a "safe manner". It sucks having winter tires on a bit because you cannot open it up too far.
I thought I might point out how there are 2 squares in the room that do not push it past 10 over. LMAO.
I haven't voted yet, so I'm not one of the wet blankets. :P

#limitededitionlifestyle

A new religion that will bring you to your knees.
#103 Old 11-20-2012, 08:28 PM
Firegod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee With Scream View Post
It is hard not to open the HEMI up! It is just chosing a proper spot to do it. I know I cannot always help myself, but I always try to do it in a "safe manner". It sucks having winter tires on a bit because you cannot open it up too far.
I thought I might point out how there are 2 squares in the room that do not push it past 10 over. LMAO.
I'm one of those law-abiding squares, but I'm happy just living with the knowledge that if it we met at the raceway, all you would be looking at are my tail lights.

FG

"Victorious warriors win first, and then go to war....
while defeated warriors go to war seeking to win."

-Sun Tzu
#104 Old 11-20-2012, 08:31 PM
Cuts2TheBone

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Innocent View Post
I haven't voted yet, so I'm not one of the wet blankets. :P
Waiting to see how hard you will push your new baby...

https://www.youtube.com/user/ChargerSRT392?feature=mhee
Always looking for a good run
2012 Charger SRT8 Blue Streak Pearl
12.53@ 110! Stock
Goal - Low 11s with just a Procharger..no DRs.
2009 Tored Charger SRT8 - Gone but not forgotten.
#105 Old 11-20-2012, 08:32 PM
Miss Innocent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firegod View Post
I'm one of those law-abiding squares, but I'm happy just living with the knowledge that if it we met at the raceway, all you would be looking at are my tail lights.

FG
Let the **** fight/pissing match begin.
#106 Old 11-20-2012, 08:35 PM
Miss Innocent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuts2TheBone View Post
Waiting to see how hard you will push your new baby...
Waiting for it to pass safety and get some performance rated tires on it. Next spring I'll see what she can do. I don't really have the ability to do that here right now with the cold weather and tires on it.
#107 Old 11-21-2012, 05:10 AM
Coffee With Scream

I am not speaking about speeding all of the time because there really is no need for that. But I also think in KMH so 10 over is nothing to blink an eye at where I live. I also thought this was a Charger forum not a Camry talk. The poll above the thread shows what Charger is about and what it baits people to do. Maybe some may have bought the wrong car. Shouldn't this thread be shut down for "street racing" anyways? Whether or not its speeding 30 or over or doing a 0-60 run it is all "street racing".

2010 R/T R&T
SUPER TRACK PAK TorRed

Best ET 13.4260
Best 60FT 1.9782
Best MPH 105.43
No modification needed

Last edited by Coffee With Scream; 11-21-2012 at 05:14 AM.
#108 Old 11-21-2012, 06:19 AM
GLHS837
Super Moderator

Hmmm, no, racing really require two people, I would say. You will note that almost everyone who objected wasnt really talking about the speed, but the fact that there were other cars out there at the same time. Most folks dont object to speeding, but would like to see it done safely, if not for the driver, at least for others on the roadway with them.
#109 Old 11-21-2012, 10:50 AM
AFPVet

Agreed... it's not the speed... just where and how safely it is done. There are plenty of closed roads/courses out there that allow you to go as fast as you want. For these courses, there is a small fee, and your car must be inspected to ensure that the essential vehicle equipment is working properly. You must also wear a helmet.
#110 Old 11-21-2012, 04:17 PM
Coffee With Scream

Racing does not always require two people.
0-60=Racing against time
Racing for a top speed can be done alone. Street racing/Stunt driving are cose to being the same thing in my acres of Terra Firma.
As far as not objecting to the speed there is a term i recall of : Speed kills. Look at Ryan Dunn from Jackass last year. Racing around showing off. I am glad there were no other cars around for that incident. As far as the OP, ya I would say there were too many cars around for that kind of driving.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Off-Topic Area > Charger Chat Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List