hankook v12 - Dodge Charger Forums
Wheels/Tires/Brakes/Suspension Discussion about anything involving the wheels, tires, suspension components, etc.

#1 Old 11-20-2012, 02:20 PM
madmike1210

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to madmike1210
(Thread Starter)
hankook v12

anybody use them? are they a good street tire?

2007 sublime #0448 of 1500

K&N cai , Diablosport Intune, 180 Tstat. Flowmaster American Thunder. more mods to come
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-20-2012, 03:27 PM
ColdSteel

I've run mine for 13k miles and they are awesome. I have them in 255/45/20 wrapped in black painted SRT replicas from Discount Tire. They aren't crazy high performance like Vreds, but they perform well and for the price, you can't go wrong. I can attest to their hydroplaning resistance even though they are wide.

Unfortunately they are now sitting in the garage. Had to put the stock wheels back on with the Firestone Winterforce for the cold months. Ugh, the loss of performance was instantly noticeable.

2008 R/T -Demoulded, Debadged, Daytona grille, Predator
Mopar CAI, LED Tails, HID Lows/Fogs, Tinted Windows SLP Loudmouth II, BT Catch Can, BT Shift Insert
Matte Black SRT Replicas w/ Hankook Ventus v12 evo tires (Stock wheels with Firestone Winterforce tires away until November)
#3 Old 11-20-2012, 05:14 PM
david_nightmare

i used them at a hancook ride and drive i feel they actually did pretty nicely for the price they are
#4 Old 11-21-2012, 06:34 AM
Cuts2TheBone

Very nice and quiet for cruising in the car. A lot quieter than my eagle f1s. Performance they suck though. Wheel hop when launching hard.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ChargerSRT392?feature=mhee
Always looking for a good run
2012 Charger SRT8 Blue Streak Pearl
12.53@ 110! Stock
Goal - Low 11s with just a Procharger..no DRs.
2009 Tored Charger SRT8 - Gone but not forgotten.
#5 Old 11-21-2012, 06:45 AM
ColdSteel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuts2TheBone View Post
Very nice and quiet for cruising in the car. A lot quieter than my eagle f1s. Performance they suck though. Wheel hop when launching hard.
OP has a Daytona and I have an R/T so our performance is more closely matched than your SuperBee.

I wouldn't say the performance sucks for what you pay, it's just not what is necessary for your vehicle to maintain traction.

But if OP is looking into new shoes, the F1s are currently only $8 per tire more on Discount Tire. The only trade-off would be noise and the v12 received better ratings than the F1s from purchasers on that site.
#6 Old 11-21-2012, 02:04 PM
Cuts2TheBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdSteel View Post
OP has a Daytona and I have an R/T so our performance is more closely matched than your SuperBee.

I wouldn't say the performance sucks for what you pay, it's just not what is necessary for your vehicle to maintain traction.

But if OP is looking into new shoes, the F1s are currently only $8 per tire more on Discount Tire. The only trade-off would be noise and the v12 received better ratings than the F1s from purchasers on that site.
no value wise they were great, I had all four tires mounted and balance for under 700 bucks, for 300 when you can vreds, to me thats worth it. However If you do a lot of cruising the hankook is a very quiet tire that was the best feature to me about the tire. I bought it for wear rate too but I only had the tire on for 3k before i got rid of the 09 I had. Its not a terrible tire if you don't drive your car HARD. If you do I personally would suggest the OP would look else wear. just my 2 cents
#7 Old 11-21-2012, 02:12 PM
madmike1210

Send a message via Skype™ to madmike1210
(Thread Starter)
I have some good year eagle ones on there now, not a lot of tread left, but if I give any kind of sudden throttle ( like trying to hurry up and pull out of a parking lot ) they will light up, with traction control on. And I do drive pretty hard when givin the chance but I need something with alot of grip
#8 Old 11-21-2012, 02:28 PM
FLEX
Super Moderator

I had them on my R/T and I thought they were great, especially for the money. Excellent handling in the rain, too.

sigpic by HAZMAN
2007 R/T R&T - "HEMIGASM" - Gone but not forgotten.

2010 SRT8 - SOLO Performance Exhaust, AIRAID CAI, Diablosport Predator Tune, Billet Technologies wheel center caps, catch can, door sill plates, door lock pins, fuse box cover, hood badge, engine bay dress-up kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
FLEX grinds his own coffee with his teeth and boils the water with his rage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Credible Hulk
I always back up my rage with documented sources and facts.
Do you even lift? www.iron-sanctuary.com/forums
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Wheels/Tires/Brakes/Suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List