Ask a cop - Page 123 - Dodge Charger Forums
Off-Topic Anything not Charger-related having legitimate subject matter goes here, as long as it is work-safe. **Please post ALL social & 'just for fun' threads in Charger Chat ONLY!**

#1221 Old 11-20-2012, 05:36 PM
Glockenstein

and just to clarify I mean normal colored HIDs 6k or 8k

2006 R/T Charger, Silver Steel Metallic (PA4)
Window Tint, HID Headlights (55w/8k), HID Foglights (35w/6k), Honeycomb Grille Inserts, GTS Wind Deflectors,
WeatherTech Digital Fit Floor Mats, Blinker Mod, Sequential Turn Signals, Black Sidemarker lights, head unit swapped for 6-disc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#1222 Old 11-20-2012, 06:00 PM
Shots

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron380 View Post
I would not want to be the one who tests the OH Open Carry policy, unless I was with a few others also carrying open. I'm about 90% sure various people would be calling the police. Of course, I do volunteer work for my local PD, so at least I'd know the responding officers.
ha ha. Yeah it depends on where you are. Walk around a major town like Cleveland, Columbus, or Cincinnati, and people are going to call the cops. Walk around one of our many rural towns, and they're less likely to think anything of it. Of course that said, since the introduction of the concealed carry law, many of the local businesses have signs posted stating no firearms are allowed. So even in an open carry capability they can restrict your ability to come into their building.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockenstein View Post
I got a question, have you ever or would you ever pull someone over for HID's?
Assuming the proper aim, and proper intensity, no they're fine. I even had them on my '10 Charger. You've just got to do it right, and aim is one of the key factors. Many people just slap the bulbs in and don't adjust the aim of their beam. When converting you need to get the proper beam shape, and alignment. As long as they're set up correctly they're legal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7th District View Post
Shots, do you ever work I-80? I snapped this yesterday while on the way back from New Jersey.

Ha ha. Yes I have. I looked at the car # and that's not me (besides I work nights), but yeah I've worked that stretch of road before.

Shots: 2014 Granite Crystal Metallic RT
Mods: Rear window louvers / Rear spoiler / Black grille / chin spoiler / LED fog lights / Window tint 50/20 / Sunrise red calipers / Tinted tails
.........................buzzed driving, IS drunk driving
#1223 Old 11-20-2012, 06:46 PM
ezone23

Would a state trooper be able to keep up with a modded/non modded srt?

Not that i would try it or anything

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
#1224 Old 11-21-2012, 03:40 AM
Shots

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Nope, well not on the ground anyway. We could always sick the plane on it. That's hard to outrun because it doesn't have to deal with traffic or bends in the road.

Seriously though. I assume the SRT8 (especially a modded on) will exceed 160 mph so it should be able to take us, assuming of course we don't have unit's ahead of it to radio to with spikes.
#1225 Old 11-21-2012, 06:17 AM
Ron380

You can't out run the radio!

2007 TorRed SXT/AWD: Gone, but not forgotten.
2011 Mustang GT, Kona Blue
2007 Ram 1500 4x4, 4.7l V8. mods have started...
#1226 Old 11-21-2012, 08:36 AM
Paladin

Shots, you're a class act, man.

#1227 Old 11-21-2012, 10:33 AM
ezone23

Yesterday while going on a cruise i noticed a z06 going 100+ mph on the highway. A trooper was on the median checking speeds so i assumed that the trooper would have gone after the z06 but what i noticed the trooper do was simply turn on its lights drive about a quarter mile and pulls over into the median. Now the z06 was bright yellow and loud as heck theres no way that the trooper could have not seen it. So my question is. Does it ever get to a point where a car is going to fast and the sheriff, cop, ST is just like "oh well maybe some other patrol car will get him"

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
#1228 Old 11-21-2012, 01:45 PM
Hriv

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7th District View Post
Shots, do you ever work I-80? I snapped this yesterday while on the way back from New Jersey.

To h*** with I-80. The only thing I like about that road is the speed limit, otherwise I stick to I-90 and RT-2 when I'm home in Ohio

Sent from my ADR8995 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Current: Blaze Red 2008 Charger R/T
Previous: Steel Blue 2008 Charger SE. Traded in and missed.

U.S. Army 15F Aircraft Electrician
South Korea: '07-'08. Iraq: '08-'09. Afghanistan: '10-'11 and '13-'14. And No More To Come

#1229 Old 11-21-2012, 06:22 PM
Glockenstein

Been wondering about the dogs too. Do you guys use the same dogs to sniff for drugs, bombs, track people etc? Or does each dog get trained to do it all?
#1230 Old 11-21-2012, 07:17 PM
Shots

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezone23 View Post
......So my question is. Does it ever get to a point where a car is going to fast and the sheriff, cop, ST is just like "oh well maybe some other patrol car will get him" .....
I wouldn't say it's so much of "oh well", but rather, the officer will terminate for safety reasons (violator, officer, and public). When pursuing a vehicle you need to constantly weigh the risk of continuing the pursuit versus the risk of allowing the suspect to get away. In the example you mention the initial violation was speed. Now with the car being a Z06, it's a pretty good guess that the only reason the car was driving that fast is because it is a Z06. Does that make it okay? No, but it's not likely to have been someone fleeing the scene of a violent crime (though not completely out of the question, just not probable). So the officer needs to ask himself/herself if having 2 car now running 100+ is worth a a speeding ticket. Depending on traffic volume, road conditions, weather conditions, ect, it may simply not be worth it. Now if that car had just been reported fleeing the scene of a shooting, or armed robbery then yes, you'll push a little harder to catch it because the risk of letting them get away is greater than letting a speeder get away.

So to answer the question in short form. Yes there are times an officer will let a car go and hope someone further down the road will catch it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockenstein View Post
Been wondering about the dogs too. Do you guys use the same dogs to sniff for drugs, bombs, track people etc? Or does each dog get trained to do it all?
Our dogs are all dual-purpose dogs. They are drug and apprehension, bomb and apprehension, drug and search/rescue, etc, etc. They've all got 2 things they're trained for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic

Tags
ask a cop

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List