Does Anyone Lease their Chargers? - Page 2 - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > General Charger Discussion

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-20-2012, 12:19 PM
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporting Member

My charger was a lease. Realistically at 25 I couldn't afford to pay for an SRT but wanted one for the long haul. When the lease was up I bought it. I know I paid a lot more long term but the monthly payment was very attractive. That was the right move for me and my family. In my mind I leased a car for 3 years and then bought a very low mileage used SRT that I just happened to know wasn't beat, had a good service history and was garage kept. The lease was also structured up front with all this in mind so my residual was actually pretty fair. At the time my lease ended I saw comparable used SRTs on lots for a little less to a little more so I was in the right ball park for buying my own car used.
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 04:05 PM

I've thought about it...but first of all, I know me...and I know I don't have the discipline to stay within the mileage limits.

My other thing, is that when I'm done paying for something (i.e. reach the end of the contract), I want to actually OWN something. The day I got the title in the mail for paying off my '06 was like Christmas Morning!

Top Banana #321
Mods
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCO_Carter View Post
I've thought about it...but first of all, I know me...and I know I don't have the discipline to stay within the mileage limits.

My other thing, is that when I'm done paying for something (i.e. reach the end of the contract), I want to actually OWN something. The day I got the title in the mail for paying off my '06 was like Christmas Morning!
I know I'd never get there Haha. If I ever paid off a car I'd sell it to maximize it's trade in value and start over. I am weird like that. At that point every week you don't buy a new car you next car payment goes up $2 a month.

I just know I'd never pay off a car so might as well pay $100 less for the car I want to drive. It's just a preference.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:41 PM

You could alway save each month but it's easier for me to budget having a car payment. I would spend the money rather than save it.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:42 AM

Going this week to go check out the 2013 r/t AWD. I was a bit surprised to see that the RT AWD has a normal duty suspension. Kinda nervous about the road handling considering how hard I can push my G8 in a corner. Anyone have and opinions on it's cornering ??
Old 11-25-2012, 01:03 PM

My Charger: 2012 Charger Road & Track
Check out the Charger R/T Road & Track edition with Super Track Pak option.
Old 11-25-2012, 01:08 PM

My Charger: 2012 SRT8
Quote:
Originally Posted by lg68jcu View Post
Going this week to go check out the 2013 r/t AWD. I was a bit surprised to see that the RT AWD has a normal duty suspension. Kinda nervous about the road handling considering how hard I can push my G8 in a corner. Anyone have and opinions on it's cornering ??
I assure you, the AWD car handles very well.

Current 2012 Dodge Charger SRT8
Traded 2012 Dodge Charger R/T AWD
Old 11-25-2012, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevens12 View Post
I assure you, the AWD car handles very well.
Awesome. Thanks for the reassurance. I can't wait to test drive it.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:52 PM

My Charger: 2014 Plum Crazy Road & Track
Send a message via ICQ to RAINMANyeh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi_Infantry View Post
Oh hell naw.
X2.... I couldn't have said it better.

2014 Plum Crazy R&T - Finally here!
2007 TorRed R&T - gone but not forgotten

Get in, sit down, shut up and hold on!!!

You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a HEMI and that's kind of the same thing.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:35 PM

Quick question.. off topic but I am going to go test drive and hopefully sign a lease / purchase agreements on Thursday. I was wondering how many sets of latch systems there are for the car seats? My G8 has 3 sets and seeing how the back seat on the Chargers are comparable in size I would hope they have 3 as well. I was wondering if someone knew or if someone could go check on their 2011-2013. just trying to game plan for the car seat test. I have one in a booster and 2 in reg forward facing car seats (One will be in a booster in 3 months. I want to put my 2 year only in the center if they have latches when my middle child is old enough for a booster.

Thanks to All.

Found my answer. I searched the web but didnt find anything but then after another search I found this:

"We are aware of only a handful of sedans that come with three sets of Latch anchors for child-safety seats in the backseat: the Chrysler 300 and similar Dodge Charger, Dodge Challenger and the Chevrolet Impala. The Chevrolet Malibu has two sets for the outboard seats, plus a fifth Latch connector in the middle. There may be others, but neither Cars.com nor the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety is aware of them."

Last edited by lg68jcu; 11-25-2012 at 09:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > General Charger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.