Adam's Super VRT dressing - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Exterior Discussion/Modifications > Detailing/Washing/Waxing

Detailing/Washing/Waxing If you would like to discuss keeping your ride looking as good as it did when it rolled off the assembly line, this is the place to do it.
Sponsored by Mothers Polishes

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-20-2012, 12:16 AM

Adam's Super VRT dressing

As of now I have been using the Meguiar's ultimate tire gel I think thats what its called, smells like grapes. Does very well, but still slings a little bit but protects good from sun. This black friday adam's is having a 15% off storewide sale, gonna get new shampoo, 2 new buckets with grit guards, and im thinking of trying the supervrt dressing. Anyone used this?
DDM Tuning 6000k HID's, Smoked tail lights and side corners, de molded, de badged, SRT8 spoiler, SRT8 replica 20's (chrome), AEM Brute Force CAI, SMD LED interior lights, honeycomb grille insert, Diablosport Intune 89 tune, Danko front lip, 35% tint, LED tag light, Magnaflow catback dual exhaust, Pioneer AVH-X3500 double din
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 04:35 AM

I use it and love it. It does not sling off
Modern Muscle ported throttle body
Throttle body ground cable
BT oil catch can
Predator tuner on 93 tune & 93 OCT
Aces IV
BND 75w-120 Red gear Lube
BND steering Lube
Old 11-20-2012, 10:39 PM

For those on a budget, I've been using Opti Bond's Tire Gel. It's like a lotion so there no sling either. Looks outstanding and the cost is real reasonable. Last really long too.

Pay no attention to my rusty rotor.

Last edited by Junkman2008; 11-20-2012 at 10:43 PM.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:22 PM

Wow that Opti Bond looks great! I looked at the cost and like it better.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:24 PM

The cost is what blew me away. I couldn't believe how cheap it is compared to other stuff on the market. I'm hooked on it.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:53 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to sco_pet
tires look wet
07' 3.5L H.O.-3M 5% Tint So U Cant C Me!-R/T Wheels-K$N Intake-Super Custom MagnaFlow Exhaust-DIABLO PREDATOR 91OCT CAI/Exhaust CMR-SRT Grill-SRT Wing-Demolded Body Moldings & Badges-Mopar Fogs-Gangstered Out Corners/Tails/3rd Brake Light/Ram Head-LED Interior Lights-Mopar Chin Spoiler-XENON 8000K H.I.D. Low Beam/Fog Lights- COMMING SOON...Eibachs-Powder Coated R/T's
-BlAcK DiAmOnD-
Old 11-21-2012, 07:35 PM

im def going opti bond that is what i need, right now i use the meguiars endurance gel, it woorks good yea but yet real runny and slings still a little bit but its improved a lot since the spray
Old 11-21-2012, 10:11 PM

I'm a fan of Adam's SVRT as well. It works as described...but yeah, it ain't the cheapest. There are other products that offer great results at a portion of the price.
Predator 91
Mopar/Borla Catback

"Put down undersized, underequipped personal cars...go Charger"
Old 11-21-2012, 10:58 PM

I was gonna buy the svrt but i seen this opti bond and its changed my mind, main reason is the price. Adam's does have some great products but some are a little pricey.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopon2s View Post
I was gonna buy the svrt but i seen this opti bond and its changed my mind, main reason is the price. Adam's does have some great products but some are a little pricey.
That's the reason I started looking around for an alternative. There are a lot of people on these boards who are college students, newly married with kids or just starting out in their adulthood who just can't afford to spend a lot of money on detailing supplies. Someone sent me a bottle of that Opti Bond and I gave it a try. For those of you who use SuperVRT, the first thing that you are going to notice is both products look exactly the same, in color and consistency. That was my first eyebrow raiser. Once I used it and saw what it looked like (even days later), I was sold. When I went to order some more and saw the price, I had to add it to my list of products of the 'poor man's detailer'.

Since then, I have found quite a few products to replace what I use to use based on price and performance. The products are usually equal in performance but significantly cheaper in price. Since none of us here know who is manufacturing this stuff (most boutique brands are resellers, not manufactures), I can't justify paying significantly more for a product when a similar looking and performing product is available for significantly less. Thus, I've been spreading the word.

One more thing about Opti Bond's product, a little bit goes a long way. You can dress down one tire, buff the gel in real good and sometimes do the next tire without adding any product to your applicator (depends on if you want your tires to look black or shiny). It also pays to use the same applicator over and over again. You will notice that the product never dries out in the applicator so you'll never have to prime the applicator when you go to use it again. This is great for a quick touch up and I highly suggest that you use these Opti Pro Applicators to apply the gel. Notice the price and compare that to where ever you are presently buying your applicators. They are the exact same thing that are being sold by other manufacturers but for much less. Get two of them. It's a much better deal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Exterior Discussion/Modifications > Detailing/Washing/Waxing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.