Arrested for buying a car too cheap? - Page 2 - Dodge Charger Forums
Off-Topic Anything not Charger-related having legitimate subject matter goes here, as long as it is work-safe. **Please post ALL social & 'just for fun' threads in Charger Chat ONLY!**

#11 Old 11-19-2012, 09:52 AM
Keavdog
Supporting Member (Lifetime)

Unbelievable.... That's one case where I would sue and I'm not a sueing guy but that would piss me off for sure.

John

09 RT. 11.796 @ 113.15
11 IE Challenger 392 #787 (Sold)
13 Boss 302 Laguna Seca #392
15 Challenger Hellcat <- soon....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#12 Old 11-19-2012, 01:58 PM
Stevens12

What happened to "I have proof I bought the car".. and show them the paper work before being arrested? There's gotta be more to the story than whats being posted.

I would have pulled the paper work out of the glove box and showed them I do indeed own the car and the dealership is nuts.

Suing would certainly be an option in my book. I hope more is posted as the "case" progresses.

Current 2012 Dodge Charger SRT8
Traded 2012 Dodge Charger R/T AWD
#13 Old 11-19-2012, 02:53 PM
Jonny

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevens12 View Post
What happened to "I have proof I bought the car".. and show them the paper work before being arrested? There's gotta be more to the story than whats being posted.

I would have pulled the paper work out of the glove box and showed them I do indeed own the car and the dealership is nuts.

Suing would certainly be an option in my book. I hope more is posted as the "case" progresses.
Police are not lawyers (They are familiar with V&T and criminal laws... it doesn't make them familiar with all laws). They can only act on a complaint. I'm sure he did pull the paperwork out of the file, that's probably what took four hours to get straightened out.

I would hope they considered filing charges against whoever made the false complaint...

I am the Stig

2010 R/T DWBlue, 2800 PI stall, Homemade CAI, JBA headers and mids, SLP LMII catback, Custom tune by Diablotoona, 180 T-stat, 3.06 Getrag.
#14 Old 11-19-2012, 03:37 PM
maans88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi_Infantry View Post
And they want to take our guns away? Shhheeeeeeeyaaaa.
what would you have done with your gun? shoot the police when showing up at your door?

2008 SXT Brilliant Black - OEM SRT8 hood, Flowmasters 44s mufflers with a Magnflow X pipe on an RT exhaust, AFE II CAI, astra hammond aluminum louvers, SRT Honeycomb grill with chrome delete and colour matched, De-badged, 20% all around tint, HID HEADLIGHTS projecors HID Fogs, SRT8 Diffuser, Daytona colour matched spoiler, 91 Octane tune, tinted and colour matched tail lights. Red Anodized Billet tech catch can and dip stick. HID back up lights. Daytona chin spoiler. FlashTech LED headlights and taillights halo's.

"The strongest fire makes the hardest steel"
#15 Old 11-19-2012, 04:03 PM
Galvatron-SX

This is probably one of the silliest stories I've ever heard. It's now going to cost the dealership a lot more than the $5600 error....
#16 Old 11-19-2012, 05:28 PM
Jonny

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maans88 View Post
what would you have done with your gun? shoot the police when showing up at your door?

Invest in some 10" PVC pipe sections, end caps and glue.

Oh.... and a shovel.
#17 Old 11-19-2012, 06:25 PM
Glockenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi_Infantry View Post
And they want to take our guns away? Shhheeeeeeeyaaaa.
time for me to hide

2006 R/T Charger, Silver Steel Metallic (PA4)
Window Tint, HID Headlights (55w/8k), HID Foglights (35w/6k), Honeycomb Grille Inserts, GTS Wind Deflectors,
WeatherTech Digital Fit Floor Mats, Blinker Mod, Sequential Turn Signals, Black Sidemarker lights, head unit swapped for 6-disc
#18 Old 11-23-2012, 09:07 AM
Part Deux
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
Invest in some 10" PVC pipe sections, end caps and glue.

Oh.... and a shovel.
O2 absorbers will help

Did you know that - Thread
How do I everything - Thread

aka THO.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08 Stoned Charger View Post
I have a name for the 3 new mods...............Druken Purple Pirates!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytona606 View Post
American Muscle, like a pit bull. Big but not large, well defined, explosive power, in it till the end. The cat will give it go and zig and zag, but in the end the pit bull will always catch the cat – the outcome is never good for the cat.
#19 Old 11-23-2012, 09:14 AM
Part Deux
Super Moderator

This is a crazy story. Hence have a prior relationship with an attorney or two BEFORE you need one. As soon as the harassment started, he should have gotten his attorney involved.

They screwed up the contract, tough rocks, hire more qualified people next time. It appears to be a legal contract.

J, that resign the papers is one of the oldest tricks that dealerships use. And they typically will change the terms of the agreement in the process. While your issue appeared to be nothing more than a simple document error, I don't trust dealerships any further then I can throw them. I learned an important lesson years ago. Something kept bugging me about the deal that didn't make sense. It wasn't until I returned the lease car and six months later reviewing the paperwork that I finally found their scam... They double booked the %^&($@ leasing fee.
#20 Old 12-02-2012, 12:24 PM
charger670

Don't ever buy a Chevy.

When I was in the military and stationed in California I had a green card holding Mexican under me. The guy would be listening to the spanish radio station in the mornings in the shop and one morning he was jumping up and down and laughing histerically. We asked him what the heck was wrong with him and he said the Dealership did a radio commercial saying they would give brand new Chevy's to any illegal immigrant with only a little money down and a utility bill to show an address.

He said every illegal immigrant in California's going to be getting fully loaded Chevy's and drive them across the border and never pay for them.

....And shortly thereafter GMAC's bankrupt. Sure Chevy showed cars moving for a couple years but none of them ever got paid for, they were given away.

Hope this AMERICAN takes the Dealership and Chevy to the cleaners.

General Motors should have stopped Bill Clinton's Quadrennial Defense Review. He axed hundreds of thousands of blue collar Federal Wage Grade civil servants in DOD along with entire military units. So the money freed up could be used abroad to buy off people/countries. Those middle class workers WERE the buyers of GM vehicles.

Once Clinton axed all the active duty vehicle mechanics out of DOD and replaced them with a couple cheapo contract workers and leased DOD vehicles....it was game over for General Motors.

On 'paper' they showed it was 'cheaper' to start leasing DOD vehicles. I laughed my rear off when they leased a Chevy SUV for a military base fire chief and he had to pay $16,000 to paint it "Fire Chief" with all the correct colors and markings......and in 24 months the GSA charged the military another $12,500 to paint/fix the vehicle back to original so they could take it back and sell it. ....Would have been cheaper for DOD to BUY the vehicle in the first place.

GM.....let evil happen. I'd NEVER buy GM. Hope they lose their rear...AGAIN.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List