2012 Charger SRT8 Top speed run/well sort of - Page 3 - Dodge Charger Forums
General Charger Discussion General Discussion about the Dodge Charger.

#21 Old 11-13-2012, 09:54 PM
Ddaddy
Supporting Member (Lifetime)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazmat11 View Post
Which Darwinian principle Dave? Surivival of the dumbest?

If this was my forum I would have locked your thread the moment I saw it and banned you for acting like a selfish attention seeking child. It's all good man. That other testicle will drop when you hit mental puberty...
Not quite how I would have put it all, but yeah. Darwin had it right. Reckless behavior results in elimination from the gene pool to the benefit of the species. Adaptive and intelligent behaviour results in evolution of the species to the benifit of same.

No, it's not an attack on a member...just a re-quotation of Darwin's principles. Any similarity to real persons or events is unintentional...Your mileage may vary.

2006 Inferno Red SRT-8
Option groups I, II, & III + Sunroof
Built Thursday February 23, 2006
Triple A Performance (AirFunnel, AirHog, Aces IV)

I will drive her until one of us dies! 1/4 mile: 13.388 secs@105.75 mph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#22 Old 11-13-2012, 11:03 PM
Hazmat11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddaddy View Post
Not quite how I would have put it all, but yeah. Darwin had it right. Reckless behavior results in elimination from the gene pool to the benefit of the species. Adaptive and intelligent behaviour results in evolution of the species to the benifit of same.

No, it's not an attack on a member...just a re-quotation of Darwin's principles. Any similarity to real persons or events is unintentional...Your mileage may vary.
I was simply being facetious in my comments since I'm aware of Darwin's principles. It's too bad that it doesn't translate well on an internet forum.

2013 Charger R/T
#23 Old 11-13-2012, 11:10 PM
Cuts2TheBone

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron380 View Post
*Stock* it topped out at about 118 mph. I had much better tires and a Predator... and about $3k in suspension mods.
Haven't had the Mustang much past 110 mph so far, on the back stretch at Mid Ohio. It's still on the stupid-skinny a/s tires it came with. Hopefully next spring it will get some much-needed wheels+tires.
is it the mustang govern at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
I hit 141 in mine, still climbing, GPS and speedo agreed, 141mph. 3.5L V6 with 4 speed, tuner to remove the limiter.

I ran out of flat, clear uninhabited highway.
That's just from removing the limiter? thats crazy, I didn't realize that v6 had that high of a top speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cl00686 View Post
People like him will never wreck they know too much

So what happens when you top the hill at 165 and theres a wreck on the other side or for some reason traffic is stopped, or a deer etc runs out in front of you? Etc etc... oh ya its cool its a ALMOST empty highway...may the family you kill not be mine...

I love how dip ****s put filmed in Mexico on there videos..ya cause Mexico has roads that nice or them big fancy exit signs

Sent from my MB855 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
What happens when I hit the top of that hill? And my visibility decreases UMM I let off of throttle and instantly get ready to start braking. OPEN your eyes. You've seen so keen on all the details of the video. I was basically getting ready to brake as soon as my visibility is limited. Yea I'm going to kill your family, its amazing the amount of closes calls I have recieve is probaly idiot kids like yours driving with their eyes on their phones or too busy drinking and eating or changing your lanes base off of mirrors instead of turning your head to look. thanx for your two cent, I know you know it all buddy. Don't lose your eyes all the way back of your ahead or wait let me help you

https://www.youtube.com/user/ChargerSRT392?feature=mhee
Always looking for a good run
2012 Charger SRT8 Blue Streak Pearl
12.53@ 110! Stock
Goal - Low 11s with just a Procharger..no DRs.
2009 Tored Charger SRT8 - Gone but not forgotten.
#24 Old 11-13-2012, 11:17 PM
Hazmat11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuts2TheBone View Post
What happens when I hit the top of that hill? And my visibility decreases UMM I let off of throttle and instantly get ready to start braking. OPEN your eyes. You've seen so keen on all the details of the video. I was basically getting ready to brake as soon as my visibility is limited. Yea I'm going to kill your family, its amazing the amount of closes calls I have recieve is probaly idiot kids like yours driving with their eyes on their phones or too busy drinking and eating or changing your lanes base off of mirrors instead of turning your head to look. thanx for your two cent, I know you know it all buddy. Don't lose your eyes all the way back of your ahead or wait let me help you
Here's the problem. You're trying to justify your bad decision making and poor behavior by pointing out the bad behavior of other drivers. This has nothing to do with why people are calling you out. The two things are mutually exclusive. While I understand that many people are killed by texting and driving, lane changing abruptly and not paying attention, that has nothing to do with you.

You willingly went 165 on a public highway and showed a blatant disregard for your safety and the safety of those around you. Don't point the finger at how other people drive in an attempt to justify your actions. That's really the pot calling the kettle black. It doesn't hold water and it won't stand up to basic logic.
#25 Old 11-13-2012, 11:20 PM
Cuts2TheBone

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLHS837 View Post
Sorry, I agree, 165 isnt inherently unsafe, but other traffic, even two lanes over, thats the issue. People plan traffic moves based on the expectation that other traffic is going a reasonable speed, which they view as somewhere under 100. They dont scan far enough back to account for a car almost tripling 65mph. Granny might pull a double lane change, having checked her rearview, and never looking back again, because she cleared far enough back and doesn't expect another vehicle to approach that fast.

Animals, well, that's the driver problem, however, if that animal gets that driver out of control, suddenly some family out for a drive has a 165mph, 4300lb missile coming at them, and suddenly it's their problem as well. So, in closing, if there is ANY traffic, going these speeds is irresponsible, IMO. Not that NY, in the fall, might have deer entering the roadway, right?
well said. I can respect the rest of those comments. I made the decision to let off throttle when I saw how far apart those cars are in the third lane and if any were to even move to middle i would instantly start to brake. I dont think I have ever seen anybody move from one side all the way to other unless they're trying to catch an exit from the left lane to the farthest right lane. Although I have not been driving as long as some of you have. Something I'll keep in mind nonethless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexi View Post
man coming from a guy who works crazy accidents on a regular. all it takes is a dip in the road to unload the suspension send you in to a skid and into other cars....also a lane change from someone that looks and see you a 1/4mi back then change lanes and you are on top of them cause they had no way of knowing you were going 165.... that was a bad idea.... top speed runs if you must do them 2 or 3 am no cars in sight so you only take yourself out. when sugar goes to sh!t. ya know
I agree its not the smartest thing, I really wish they had an private open roads like you see in airports where you can pay just run your car for a straight mile. I generally try to drive hard in early mornings because traffic is light or non existent. At night time visibility is terrible, drunk drivers, deers harder to spot.
#26 Old 11-13-2012, 11:33 PM
Cuts2TheBone

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazmat11 View Post
Here's the problem. You're trying to justify your bad decision making and poor behavior by pointing out the bad behavior of other drivers. This has nothing to do with why people are calling you out. The two things are mutually exclusive. While I understand that many people are killed by texting and driving, lane changing abruptly and not paying attention, that has nothing to do with you.

You willingly went 165 on a public highway and showed a blatant disregard for your safety and the safety of those around you. Don't point the finger at how other people drive in an attempt to justify your actions. That's really the pot calling the kettle black. It doesn't hold water and it won't stand up to basic logic.
by no means am I trying to justify it. In our natural mind when we think 165 is crazy because its not a speed we're accustom to seeing, I'm just trying to simply say I'm more scared when I drive my vehicle and I see a car slicing through traffic and riding someones bumper or seeing a car on half of a lane and then the other half because they have a text that is more important than their life. Look I understand speeding 165 is not the smartest thing to do in the world, I don't need anyone telling me that. This is not my first time around the merry go round. People smoke knowing its terrible for them, they smoke when they're pregnant. This is the one stupid thing I do, I love to speed, I try to speed as controlled as possible. Yes things can happen, things can happen when I'm doing 70, I've been in more close calls with commute car where I drive DEFENSIVELY all the time then I EVER HAVE with my charger. I've had one close to call with my charger, guess what it was when a girl decided to just change lane when my car was right next to hers and i was doing the 5 over the speed limit, i was prepared to crash but somehow dodge it. No one needs to tell me speeding stupid, I know.

The thing that drives me nuts, we all act like we live perfect lives. that non of us have to a phase we push our cars over 100, is that any smarter.
#27 Old 11-15-2012, 11:37 AM
SubTexel

While I don't agree with the OP driving during the day with other drivers (I'd have done it early in the morning) I don't see why the new SRT8s cant get above 170, back when I first got my SRT8 I was driving from Hampton to D.C for work and I hit 180 with no tune, it was in my EVIC for the longest time as being my highest recorded speed until I just had work done recently and it was reset with a battery disconnect. Took F-O-R-E-V-E-R to get from 170 to 180 though... Don't remember how long but it did hover around 178 get to 180 then drop to 179-180, 178 etc... aerodynamics FTL.

My run was done @ 3AM with zero traffic (didn't see a car the whole time, and for a long time after).

2007 Charger SRT8 - YSi and more. MPR Built
#28 Old 11-15-2012, 11:40 AM
AFPVet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuts2TheBone View Post
is it the mustang governed at all?
Mine's not. My 2000 Mustang GT Premium came with Goodyear Eagle ZR-Y rated tires. It goes until she runs out of thrust.
#29 Old 11-17-2012, 10:56 AM
Fudge
Supporting Member (Lifetime)

Send a message via AIM to Fudge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cl00686 View Post
Thats just plain f'in stupid...hope a minivan full of kids doesn't just somehow appear in front of you..

Sent from my MB855 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
No trying to be a smart @$$, but what would a minivan full of KIDS be doing on the highway, there should be at least 1 adult in there!
Just kidding!!

~2013 Mustang GT (Deep Impact Blue)
-2009 Dodge Charger R/T Daytona 364/400 (SOLD ... and missed)

http://www.youtube.com/user/StoneWhiteDaytona

#30 Old 11-17-2012, 11:27 AM
Braoer

My car's speed limit is stupidly set to 298 km/h which is around 188 mph. My only complain is the air noise that starts from 240 km/h till weirdly 285 km/h, then it gets quiet as if you're doing 50 mph. Handling is good, better in sport though due to the suspension hardening.

Removed the speed limited last night using my trinity and it amazingly got to 315 km/h could have done more but the road was almost over.
This was done on a 15 km long road at 3 a.m with no other cars.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > General Charger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List