AC vents not working in the back??? - Page 2 - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!
Dodge Charger Forum Header Dodge Charger Header Right

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Charger Problems/Assistance

Charger Problems/Assistance You having problems with your Charger? Check and see if it is a common problem and get answers here.

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-24-2007, 06:13 AM

i swear when i test drove one last year...i had some buddies sittin in the back with the salesman sitting next in the passsenger seat. He said watch this and turned the a/c on full blast and my friend in the back who was sittin in the middle said those lil vents were blowin so cold that they were givin him snowballs!! however, on the r/t i bought, they don't blow worth a damn either....just a little!!
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2007, 06:36 AM

I want to say that I read somewhere that they are connected to the floor vents and should only blow when the floor air is on, but I have yet to test that.
TOP BANANA #3001
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2007, 06:42 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to JRB73IN
The floor vents will blow good, for heat or cool, if you have it on floor, Those vents in the back don't do much, Flip your ac to recirculate and check the rear vents on the console. This may give you a little more output.
Randy '06 R/t, Brill Blk with lt sla int, cd, with Elect conv grp, Conv grp II, and Prot grp, Pwr snrf, 600w pwr inv, Hardwired Radar Detector and Sirius Sportster, Tinted Windows, K&N filter, Tail light Rockblocker 20%, Restraint decal, Led plate screws, seq. tails, back lit wheels and sheriff sticker, Danko Chin Spoiler
Old 01-26-2007, 08:35 AM

Update from my friend ..... his wife took this one by the reins and raised he** at the dealership. Like I said in the first post, the dealership said it was just an air return and not an AC vent at all and they jerked them around with excuse after excuse. They kept the car for a week or so while waiting for different parts to come in to make it "function properly". Get this though ... she also had them intall the rear entertainment system at no cost to her!!! I asked her how she accomplished that one; she said she got the dealership owner, cornered him and made a stink about how a $30,000+ car that doesn't have any (or minimal) rear air is unacceptable for a family car with 2 kids that sit in the back. (Remembering this is Florida and it does get uncomfortably hot in the rear during the summer.) Long story short, she threatened to get the local media involved and to smooth things out they offered (as she previously suggested) to place a rear DVD system in for the inconvenience. Go figure. I'd say this was just another story that was full of it unless i knew them personally. Why can't I ever get that lucky?
Old 11-12-2012, 12:47 PM

Anyone know the actual name or part number for the vent grille? I lost mine after it came off.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:19 PM

My Charger: TorRed 2007 RT
Quote:
Originally Posted by air3medic View Post
Update from my friend ..... his wife took this one by the reins and raised he** at the dealership. Like I said in the first post, the dealership said it was just an air return and not an AC vent at all and they jerked them around with excuse after excuse. They kept the car for a week or so while waiting for different parts to come in to make it "function properly". Get this though ... she also had them intall the rear entertainment system at no cost to her!!! I asked her how she accomplished that one; she said she got the dealership owner, cornered him and made a stink about how a $30,000+ car that doesn't have any (or minimal) rear air is unacceptable for a family car with 2 kids that sit in the back. (Remembering this is Florida and it does get uncomfortably hot in the rear during the summer.) Long story short, she threatened to get the local media involved and to smooth things out they offered (as she previously suggested) to place a rear DVD system in for the inconvenience. Go figure. I'd say this was just another story that was full of it unless i knew them personally. Why can't I ever get that lucky?
It happens, my gf is like that lol
Hmmm... Maybe someone can mod their rear vents with a pc fan that can do variable air settings... Maybe led lights too...
Strut Bar V 2.1
"Being a good fiend is like being a photographer, you have to search for the right moment!"
Old 11-13-2012, 07:29 PM
Supporting Member (Lifetime)
Lifetime Supporting Member

Here's the basic problem why the rear vents blow so little air. They are fed by a small tube that travels in twists and turns over the tranny hump in the center of the vehicle. It is being heated by the hot tranny and exhaust running below it. It simply can't push enough air to provide adequate cooling to the rear, and the air is gaining heat as it goes.

Now if you want to "hold the cold" (reduce heat gain) open the center console and insulate the tube so that the air moving through it stays at a colder temp...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear console vent.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	173.2 KB
ID:	71628  

2006 Inferno Red SRT-8
Option groups I, II, & III + Sunroof
Built Thursday February 23, 2006
Triple A Performance (AirFunnel, AirHog, Aces IV)
QuantumBlue Custom Blended Oil (Yeah, it's that good)

I will drive her until one of us dies! 1/4 mile: 13.388 secs@105.75 mph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Charger Problems/Assistance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.