2012 Charger SRT8 Top speed run/well sort of - Page 2 - Dodge Charger Forums
General Charger Discussion General Discussion about the Dodge Charger.

#11 Old 11-13-2012, 08:47 AM
Ron380

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuts2TheBone View Post
I think those v6 charger top at 127 or 126. I forgot I used to have one a long time ago. It's govern though. How does your mustang feel at those speeds.
*Stock* it topped out at about 118 mph. I had much better tires and a Predator... and about $3k in suspension mods.
Haven't had the Mustang much past 110 mph so far, on the back stretch at Mid Ohio. It's still on the stupid-skinny a/s tires it came with. Hopefully next spring it will get some much-needed wheels+tires.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#12 Old 11-13-2012, 09:18 AM
Jonny
Supporting Member (Lifetime)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron380 View Post
Yeah, these cars ride "disturbingly well" at 100+. I had my V6 Charger up to 125 mph once or twice, and it didn't feel any different than 80.

That was not the top-speed... I never had the chance to find it.
I hit 141 in mine, still climbing, GPS and speedo agreed, 141mph. 3.5L V6 with 4 speed, tuner to remove the limiter.

I ran out of flat, clear uninhabited highway.

I am the Stig

2010 R/T DWBlue, 2800 PI stall, Homemade CAI, JBA headers and mids, SLP LMII catback, Custom tune by Diablotoona, 180 T-stat, 3.06 Getrag.
#13 Old 11-13-2012, 06:07 PM
mexi

man coming from a guy who works crazy accidents on a regular. all it takes is a dip in the road to unload the suspension send you in to a skid and into other cars....also a lane change from someone that looks and see you a 1/4mi back then change lanes and you are on top of them cause they had no way of knowing you were going 165.... that was a bad idea.... top speed runs if you must do them 2 or 3 am no cars in sight so you only take yourself out. when sugar goes to sh!t. ya know

2012 Superbee SRT8
11.928 @ 113.79 canned 93 tune corsa catback and dr's
#14 Old 11-13-2012, 06:15 PM
AFPVet

Quote:
There is a member here that owns a 2012 and have driven on the autobahn with it. I forgot how fast he got up too. If I ever want to go 200 on the autobahn. A charger will not get there. Probably going to get a proche or a shleby. There is not a four door sedan that can do 200 is there?
There was a magazine awhile back that showed a new 200+ MPH 426 SRT-8 Charger I forget where I saw that.

Last edited by AFPVet; 11-13-2012 at 06:19 PM.
#15 Old 11-13-2012, 06:38 PM
Jonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexi View Post
man coming from a guy who works crazy accidents on a regular. all it takes is a dip in the road to unload the suspension send you in to a skid and into other cars....also a lane change from someone that looks and see you a 1/4mi back then change lanes and you are on top of them cause they had no way of knowing you were going 165.... that was a bad idea.... top speed runs if you must do them 2 or 3 am no cars in sight so you only take yourself out. when sugar goes to sh!t. ya know

X2 on the "It doesn't take much" to crash.

These cars are pretty stable, but can be unsettled very easy. Amazing what can happen just by the air from the car you are passing (with a 80 mph speed differential) too close to... Trust me, I have learned this firsthand.
#16 Old 11-13-2012, 07:19 PM
Cl00686

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexi View Post
People like him will never wreck they know too much

So what happens when you top the hill at 165 and theres a wreck on the other side or for some reason traffic is stopped, or a deer etc runs out in front of you? Etc etc... oh ya its cool its a ALMOST empty highway...may the family you kill not be mine...

I love how dip ****s put filmed in Mexico on there videos..ya cause Mexico has roads that nice or them big fancy exit signs

Sent from my MB855 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
#17 Old 11-13-2012, 08:20 PM
GLHS837
Super Moderator

Sorry, I agree, 165 isnt inherently unsafe, but other traffic, even two lanes over, thats the issue. People plan traffic moves based on the expectation that other traffic is going a reasonable speed, which they view as somewhere under 100. They dont scan far enough back to account for a car almost tripling 65mph. Granny might pull a double lane change, having checked her rearview, and never looking back again, because she cleared far enough back and doesn't expect another vehicle to approach that fast.

Animals, well, that's the driver problem, however, if that animal gets that driver out of control, suddenly some family out for a drive has a 165mph, 4300lb missile coming at them, and suddenly it's their problem as well. So, in closing, if there is ANY traffic, going these speeds is irresponsible, IMO. Not that NY, in the fall, might have deer entering the roadway, right?

"For a mechanic, you seem to do an excessive amount of thinking."
―C-3PO, to R2-D2
#18 Old 11-13-2012, 08:21 PM
Ddaddy

Garage
OK, let's see...

165 mph with only one hand on the wheel...

Other cars on the road....

Posted a video on a public forum showing all of the above...

Yeah...Darwin is in play.

2006 Inferno Red SRT-8
Option groups I, II, & III + Sunroof
Built Thursday February 23, 2006
Triple A Performance (AirFunnel, AirHog, Aces IV)

I will drive her until one of us dies! 1/4 mile: 13.388 secs@105.75 mph
#19 Old 11-13-2012, 08:32 PM
DecepticonLockdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLHS837 View Post
Sorry, I agree, 165 isnt inherently unsafe, but other traffic, even two lanes over, thats the issue. People plan traffic moves based on the expectation that other traffic is going a reasonable speed, which they view as somewhere under 100. They dont scan far enough back to account for a car almost tripling 65mph. Granny might pull a double lane change, having checked her rearview, and never looking back again, because she cleared far enough back and doesn't expect another vehicle to approach that fast.

Animals, well, that's the driver problem, however, if that animal gets that driver out of control, suddenly some family out for a drive has a 165mph, 4300lb missile coming at them, and suddenly it's their problem as well. So, in closing, if there is ANY traffic, going these speeds is irresponsible, IMO. Not that NY, in the fall, might have deer entering the roadway, right?
I hit a deer in the summer, u may not see them but they are always there

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

2013 Dodge Charger SRT8
#20 Old 11-13-2012, 08:43 PM
Hazmat11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddaddy View Post
OK, let's see...

165 mph with only one hand on the wheel...

Other cars on the road....

Posted a video on a public forum showing all of the above...

Yeah...Darwin is in play.

Which Darwinian principle Dave? Surivival of the dumbest?

If this was my forum I would have locked your thread the moment I saw it and banned you for acting like a selfish attention seeking child. It's all good man. That other testicle will drop when you hit mental puberty...

2013 Charger R/T

Last edited by Hazmat11; 11-13-2012 at 08:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > General Charger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List