Based on all the suggestions and feedback, i've made up my mind to buy
and not all season tires.
Please advice on the following:
1. Are new tires really worth it, considering the amount of money i'll be investing, for use over the next 6 months only? Can i stock them after winter is over and get them back on for the next season? How many seasons would they last?
2. If yes, what are the most budget friendly recommendations? For instance, Firestone Winterforce over Bridgestone Blizzak... What do you think of this one? http://winter-tires.pmctire.com/enw/...17-99t-sl.tire
3. If i were to go for used tires, How much are they worth spending for? If i am spending $350 for a set of used tires, i'd rather get a set of new tires for $500. Apart from the tread and age, what other factors do i need to look into?
4. Do i buy tires and get them on the existing rims, or buy tires with rims for easy chage over? Will the extra set of rims be additional maintainence? Rusting and other issues?
5. What are the things to be taken care of, after repalcing the tires? Alignment, balancing etc.
6. Can the spare tires work as replacements for sand bags in the trunk?
7. How to place sand bags in the trunk (in a protective cover?) to avoid sand spill?
8. How to store the spare set of tires when not in use? (I don't have a garage, just a patio)
9. Specific winter care for the car itself?