No exhaust???? - Dodge Charger Forums
Performance Discussion/Modifications Discuss any performance modification in this section.

#1 Old 11-07-2012, 12:36 PM
Daytona#2103

(Thread Starter)
No exhaust????

I want my charger to be extremely loud and was wondering if taking my exhaust completely off past the mid pipes would have any benefit/problems to the car. I was planning on taking it off at the mid pipes and just put on some down tubes to direct exhaust.

2006 Daytona Top Banana #2103. K&N CAI, GTS head and tail light covers, shocker TRAIN HORN, tail light hide-away strobes, grill strobes, red led footwell lights, 25% tints back and 30% in front. yellow painted calipers, stock daytona rims painted black, KOOKS LT headers, SLP LM1 , decepticon emblems; soon to install ram air hood with 3inch cowl, carbon fiber gt spoiler wing,carbon fiber chin splitter, exhaust cutouts, hood pins, x-GPS GPS s550hd MTK, black vinyl roof/hood/trunk.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-07-2012, 12:38 PM
WhiteOut529

No please do not do that. It will sound like crap. get a good exhaust such as maby corsa or borla... They can get pretty loud depending on what you buuy

2007 3.5HO| TINTED 5% | 6.1" APP RADIO |VERSANTE 24" RIMS | 20" CHROME CLADS STAGGERED (WINTER) | DIABLO INTUNE | FLASHTECH RED HALOS | PLASTIDIP

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
#3 Old 11-07-2012, 02:32 PM
Daytona#2103

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOut529 View Post
No please do not do that. It will sound like crap. get a good exhaust such as maby corsa or borla... They can get pretty loud depending on what you buuy
But wouldn't it sound the same as cutouts???
#4 Old 11-07-2012, 02:48 PM
Hemi_Infantry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytona#2103 View Post
But wouldn't it sound the same as cutouts???
Cutouts sound good, but you don't leave them open forever, plus the opening is much smaller than the 2.5 hole you'd have from just deleting the pipes. I have straight pipes except for Borla mufflers.

Here's how mine sounds. Is this how loud you want or louder?
http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/...353&highlight=

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(My name is Mike) Black 06 R/T, Black BOSS 338s, smoked LED tails, AAC Dual Halo (red/blue), AEM Brute CAI, BBK 85MM TB, Predator 91 CAI tune, 180 t-stat, TranZformer Shift Kit, ACES IV, BT Catch-can, Borla 125, JBA catless mids, (Eibach Anti-roll kit, and SLP underdrive pulley waiting for install) custom front emblem, Danko chin, Danko 345Hemi badges, 2" cowl ram air hood with pins // (stereo equip) Nation's 290amp alternator, 2000w Alpine amp, 200w & 400w mid amps, Memphis 6x9s, 2x Kicker 12" L7s, Rockford Fosgate hybrid cap
-machine gun turret sold separately
#5 Old 11-07-2012, 03:08 PM
Daytona#2103

(Thread Starter)
I was looking for something a lot louder. Btw your exhaust does sound amazing
#6 Old 11-07-2012, 03:34 PM
Miss Innocent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi_Infantry View Post
Cutouts sound good, but you don't leave them open forever, plus the opening is much smaller than the 2.5 hole you'd have from just deleting the pipes. I have straight pipes except for Borla mufflers.

FKN glorious! GUHH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytona#2103 View Post
Btw your exhaust does sound amazing
Amen.

#limitededitionlifestyle

A new religion that will bring you to your knees.
#7 Old 11-07-2012, 04:42 PM
jjbNana

You need some level of restriction, even if straight pipes from mids to tails, or you'll actually loose power. There are plenty of loud systems on the market. SLP Loudmouth, for one. Of course, you could just ask a local shop what they would charge for making one.

Good luck.

//Homemade CAI/NOesp/TranZformer/DS Predator/SRT8 headers & mids/SRT8 Corsa Sport catback/ACES IV/QB fluids/custom half covers/REM strut brace/sequential turn signals/Danko chin/custom rear diffuser/yellow fogs/6.1-6spd mounts/BCR coilovers/R1 Concepts s&d rotors/324 rwhp/369 rwtq//
“Because you can't argue with all the fools in the world. It's easier to let them have their way, then trick them when they're not paying attention.”
― Christopher Paolini
#8 Old 11-07-2012, 06:00 PM
Daytona#2103

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbNana View Post
You need some level of restriction, even if straight pipes from mids to tails, or you'll actually loose power. There are plenty of loud systems on the market. SLP Loudmouth, for one. Of course, you could just ask a local shop what they would charge for making one.

Good luck.

ya, I know about the systems. It's just, and I hate to say it, that money doesn't grow on trees in my family, and with a single mom of three, money is tight.
#9 Old 11-07-2012, 06:05 PM
Daytona#2103

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi_Infantry View Post

I would like it much louder than that, though yours does sound awesome.
I do want to thank you for your service. I was planning to serve as well. Any advice?

Last edited by Daytona#2103; 11-07-2012 at 06:49 PM.
#10 Old 11-07-2012, 06:31 PM
rsoto80

You can always do the brylcreem exhaust mod. It's when you take out the middle mufflers and put straight pipes in its place. It's not as loud as cut outs but its an improvement over stock sound wise.

13.84@101 mph Gainesville Raceway
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Performance Discussion/Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List