ABS/ESP BAS light permanently on in my 2007 3.5L V6 Charger - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > General Charger Discussion

General Charger Discussion General Discussion about the Dodge Charger.

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-01-2012, 10:53 AM

ABS/ESP BAS light permanently on in my 2007 3.5L V6 Charger

I have read some other threads on this issue but none of them really pertain to my issue. The ABS and ESP BAS lights just came on one day after I started my car. They never turned off, the never came on intermittently, just turned on and never turned off. They have been on now for 3 days. I tried turning the key to (on,acc,on,acc,on) to find a P-code and got nothing. I disconnected the battery as well and that didn't work either. My car has never been in accident and I am lost with what else I can do to try and fix it. I am guessing that I might have to resort to my last choice which is taking it to the dealer but I would rather fix it myself. Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2012, 11:27 AM
Supporting Member (Lifetime)
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Charger: 2006 RT w/ R&T
A few things come to mind.

1 - steering angle sensor needs to be calibrated.
Quote:
ELECTRONIC STABILITY PROGRAM (ESP)
If the vehicle is equipped with ESP, once the battery is reconnected, the Steering Angle Sensor (SAS) needs to be
calibrated. The SAS requires calibration anytime the battery or an ABS (ESP) component has been disconnected for
any length of time. To calibrate, perform the following:
1. Start the engine.
2. Center the steering wheel.
3. Turn the steering wheel all the way to the left until the internal stop in the steering gear is met, then turn the
wheel all the way to the right until the opposite internal stop in the steering gear is met.
4. Center the steering wheel.
5. Stop the engine.
2 - blown fuse. Check fuses 9, 17, and 21 in the front fuse block (under hood)

3 - dynamics sensor is disconnected. The dynamics sensor measures the yaw/rotation of the car and is located under the center console. This thread describes how to get to it and disable it, but you can refer to it for getting to it and making sure it's connected properly.
http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/...ad.php?t=25225

How do I.... EVERYTHING!
Old 09-01-2012, 10:19 PM

Thank you for your response. I will check some of these out tomorrow and let you know.
Old 09-04-2012, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnunes View Post
A few things come to mind.

1 - steering angle sensor needs to be calibrated.

2 - blown fuse. Check fuses 9, 17, and 21 in the front fuse block (under hood)

3 - dynamics sensor is disconnected. The dynamics sensor measures the yaw/rotation of the car and is located under the center console. This thread describes how to get to it and disable it, but you can refer to it for getting to it and making sure it's connected properly.
http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/...ad.php?t=25225
Tried all three methods and still the ABS ESP/BAS lights are on. If there are any other ideas out there please let me know. I love working on cars, learning and would rather take care of this myself without paying garage fees.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > General Charger Discussion

Tags
abs, esp/bas

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.