2011 Headers on 2012 Model - Dodge Charger Forums
Performance Discussion/Modifications Discuss any performance modification in this section.

#1 Old 04-24-2012, 01:41 PM
KINGCHARGER12

(Thread Starter)
Question 2011 Headers on 2012 Model

Would these fit on my 2012 RT MAX AWD? However, if they do am I correct in assuming that I won't get any real benefit besides noise until they come out with a tuner?

http://www.shophemi.com/p-2425-ameri...rs-w-cats.aspx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-24-2012, 03:52 PM
joem_

yep, they'll fit.

nope, the tuner is only used to prevent CEL with the new o2 sensor data. You may get CELs - if these are long-tube headers.

With shorty headers, you won't get CEL, but then again you won't get the gain you will with LT headers.

2011 Charger R/T Plus AWD Tungsten Metallic -- Fully Loaded, Spoiler Delete, Sunroof Delete
Done: DS Trinity; Corsa Extreme CB; Edelbrock E-Force supercharger; Illuminated Door Sils; 15% Tint
Sound: Two Infinity KappaOne amps pushing two SSA GCONs in self-built tuned & sealed box
#3 Old 04-29-2012, 04:34 AM
bigjohndallas
Supporting Member (Lifetime)

yea u wont see much gains with a stock tune.. but when a tuner comes out?? u will for sure benefit from those mods... now if u really like ot feel that 390+ ft lbs of Tq, do the no ESC mod. ur car will feel alot more powerful... unless u have the super track pack with the 3way TC switch, u can't disable the ESC... its a very easy mod to do... if i get the current project completed on my 68 mustang, i should be able to do the no ESC mod this week... i know guys that have done it and its one of thier most noticable mod yet on the 2nd gen cars...

Picture Albums
Big Hemi on the Dyno
MODS: Corsa Cat Back system #14522, K&N CAI, Eibach Pro Kit, BBK TB, Custom Tuned ECU by SRT LLC/B&G Performance, Jet180 T-Stat...
#4 Old 04-29-2012, 11:59 AM
joem_

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohndallas View Post
yea u wont see much gains with a stock tune.. but when a tuner comes out?? u will for sure benefit from those mods...
I disagree. Having a tuner will not "increase" the benefits of headers. Yeah, you'll get other benefits from tuning, but there is nothing you can tune to make the engine "use" the headers more effectively.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Performance Discussion/Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List