Which HID's for 2011? Especially fog lights? - Dodge Charger Forums
Audio - Alarms - Navigation - Electronics Member discussions about Charger audio, alarm and navigation systems and other electronics take place here

#1 Old 04-24-2012, 01:42 PM
aeroman10

(Thread Starter)
Which HID's for 2011? Especially fog lights?

I am thinking about going with HID's for both headlights and fogs on my 2011 Charger.

1. For headlights. Can someone confirm whether the bulb size is H11?
Also, if ordering from DDM Tuning, will I need the HID Harness, Error Eliminator or both?

2. I am confused about the fogs. Looks like the bulb is 2504. I did not see a kit for that on DDM tuning. Doing some searches I see people say they would buy an H16 bulb and trim it...I don't really want to do that. Is there a kit for 2011 Charger fogs that will work out of the box without any modifications to the harness or the bulbs?

------------------
2011 Charger Rallye
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-04-2012, 08:33 AM
NavyGuy2007

H11 for the low beams, I'm pretty sure the fogs are H16/9009 but I could be wrong.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

2012 Charger SXT Plus Blacktop Package/Stock for now
#3 Old 05-09-2012, 07:06 PM
aeroman10

(Thread Starter)
Can someone tell me what I need in addition to the HID ballasts and bulbs.
For the 2011 Charger do I need to buy a harness, error eliminator, or both?
FYI. I am going to try low beams first. Don't want to mess with Fogs yet since H16 is not really the bulb being used and needs to be modified...

Also, whats better as far the the look / length of life - 35W or 55W?

Last edited by aeroman10; 05-09-2012 at 07:15 PM.
#4 Old 05-09-2012, 07:13 PM
Brandonleblanc3

If anyone could provide the information that would be helpful. I would be interested in this too. Hopefully adding fogs and want to make them hid when I do the install if I can gather all the info first.

#5 Old 05-09-2012, 08:09 PM
Rufjatt

Send a message via Yahoo to Rufjatt
I have h10 for fogs

Sent from my IPhone📱

2012 SXT plus---22"300 srt8 rims.

2010 GC SRT8---Challenger hood/ Borla s/ Mopar Cai/ 180 t stat/ Bt oil catch can/ bwoody springs/Vreds 275/315/ Johan's tune. 393 PWR/ D1 Procharger/ PWR frp cam/ Mean street heads/ Ported intake matched to 90mm TB/ Kook no cats/ Cut outs/ Torque converter/ BB Transmission/ Wavetrac......Anything else left?
#6 Old 05-13-2012, 07:43 AM
kcwyldcat

Get a hold of the guys from House of HID. They should have an answer for you. Www.houseofhid.com

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

2011 Brilliant Black Pearl R/T MAX.
Sunroof, spoiler....and what ever else I can put on this thing!
#7 Old 05-15-2012, 08:03 PM
SXT Man

I am looking into changing to HIDs as well. I was also thinking about adding Halos but I hate how expensive they are and they aren't even practical. I wish they worked as headlights too

2012 Charger SXT Blacktop: Only tinted windows and front bumper partially wrapped in vinyl for now but more to come in the future.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Audio - Alarms - Navigation - Electronics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List