Killerglass Install HELP! - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > General Charger Discussion

General Charger Discussion General Discussion about the Dodge Charger.

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-03-2012, 07:01 AM

Killerglass Install HELP!

So to start, I am not mechanically inclined what-so-ever. I just got in my Killerglass and thought I have seen a lot of threads on here of the finished product, I can't seem to find any that walk you through the install itself. The biggest thing I need to figure out is how to drain the existing fluid. It is going into an 06 R/T. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it!
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2012, 09:32 PM

Evening bump, anyone know how to drain existing RAD fluid?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2012, 10:44 PM

My Charger: 2011 R/T Plus
^^Bump to get you some help brother. Sorry I could not assist as I had mine installed by my friend as it was bad weather that weekend.

"They Were Just Jealous That My Charger Pulled More Kitties Than A Bowl Of Milk"
Old 03-04-2012, 01:15 PM

My Charger: [IMG]http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn201/funkpolice/166cd1f5.jpg[/IMG]
I don't know about rt, but my srt has a pet**** on the lower passenger corner of the radiator. pull the passenger front wheel. open the pet**** (180 degrees counterclockwise and pull out) be carefull, it's plastic. open bleeder screw. mine was on water pump. let coolant out. pull upper radiator hose. I had my fans out at this point, don't know if you would need them out or not. install killer glass pc. close pet****, but leave the bleeder open when you refill coolant. I've heard putting the coolant in at the water neck will introduce less air into the system.
bill
Tuned by Tim@ MPH-402 RWHP, SRT max plus camshaft,3.73 Getrag LSD,Magnaflow Catback,D1s HID conversion,Removed moldings and badges.,diablosport,predator,180 thermostat,tranZformer,Airaid Cai,BT Catch Can and underhood stuff, Interior red led color swap
Paramount 55 nag1 w/valve body and converter.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:58 PM

I got the rad fluid drained and the glass in, I refilled the coolant in the tank, let the car run for about 10 mins to come up to temp and never saw a lick of fluid come through the glass. Did it a few more times and then opened the pet**** and let it drain again to see if it would come through the glass and it did not. Am I missing something?
Old 03-05-2012, 10:51 AM

It sounds like there is still lots of air in the system or the T-stat hadn't opened. Did you leave the bleeder plug out when re-filling the system?
Old 03-05-2012, 11:10 AM

I got it corrected and running properly last night, thanks guys for your help though, much appreciated. Now if Killerglass will put a rush on replacing the LED's they sent in the wrong color, I'd be golden.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:56 PM

My Charger: 2011 R/T Plus
^^Great to hear!!
Old 03-05-2012, 08:11 PM

Post some pics when you get it finished.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:29 PM
Supporting Member (Lifetime)
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Charger: 2008 Steel Blue Metallic Charger RT
What color are you going for? Reactor Fluid Green? That would be too cool

Tinted windows, R1 Concepts drilled and slotted rotors, Russell s/s brake lines, red HEMI overlays, Predator 91CAI tune, body colored washer nozzles, Mopar 11 shifter, honeycomb grill, red R/T logos, 6000K HIDs lows and fogs,Pioneer AVIC-X930BT, JL Audio PowerWedge 12" subwoofer, AFE Stage II CAI, hood struts,Super 44's with ZOOMERS Cannon tips.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > General Charger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.