Charger Forums banner

Would you pay 20k for 800hp?

6K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  SD CHARGER RT 007 
#1 ·
A friend of mine is close with a well established performance shop and their convo the other day was about 6.4 hemis and wondering what the support would be like if they offered something like an 800hp package for around 20k. figured i would post and see what you guys thought about the idea. thanks as always you input is appreciated.

#3 ·
twin turbo

#5 ·
Yes of course

Sent from my DROID4 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#6 ·
are all the supporting mods included??? trans, drive shaft, axles, rear end, fuel system, etc??? if yes then 20K is a steal. 20k for just a twin turbo set up is not such a great deal....

#8 ·
I wouldn't trust any shop offering this kind of "new" mod until after they have well established themselves in this platform.

I can make a 6.1L SRT deliver 800 hp for $20k...once...and not for long.

The high-end performance game is about reputation, skill, and warranty. A good builder knows this and doesn't need to "ask around" on a Forum whether folks "would be interested" at a given price. (I understand that you asked, and they didn't)

Build one, show it off, prove you are the real deal and then the customers will come. ;)

Like LegMaker said, if it includes everything to make the power hit the ground, $20k is a good deal. If not...Meh.

#9 ·
Lots of big hp 6.1s out there. Particularly turbo jeeps.
If the builder is Arrington, pwr, hhp, twin turbo creations...solid

The beauty with turbos is you can dial down the boost for daily driving, unlike my sc.

#11 ·
I'm up to 479 rwhp with srt headers high flow cats, corsa exhaust, and a magnuson supercharger with 8lbs of boost and a tune. You can get all that around 10k if you do some of the work. Now with 2011+ tuning its possible on your car!

#13 ·
I'm at 479awhp and 463 torque! But I'm not SC. Not that it matters just thought id throw that out there.

#12 ·
Are we talking whp or crank hp?

#15 ·
So just talked to henessy just to see what they were charging for their newly released twin turbo 800bhp kit with no tranny upgrades and guess what the cost is...75k! Ridiculous no? 20k for 800bhp seems a hell of a lot better more now then ever huh ;)

#17 ·
Lol thats what i said...i could buy 2 more chargers for that price

#18 ·
I dunno about 20K especially if you don't get all the drivetrain mods neccesary to handle the horsepower and torque. If you're going to spend that much on a car you've already paid 30-50k on then it might be best to move up unless you picked up your car for free or rebuilding a junk salvage. I love my Charger but at 60K then it's time to move up to Viper, GT500, or Super SS Camaro.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.