Charger Forums banner

All Super Track Pack R/T's check in here

24K views 53 replies 25 participants last post by  Eugette53 
#1 ·
I thought I'd start the thread for all the owners with the Super Track Pack option

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
So I was looking online and can't find any major differences from the "Super Track Pack" from the "Road and Track" so not sure if I can check in or not, but....

:bigthumb:

#5 ·
The Super Track Pack is pretty much the same thing as the Road and Track Package, however starting with the '10 model year they changed the name.

#7 ·
Yeah some people have tried to have Chrysler release the number of Road&Tracks produced, unfortunately it hasn't worked. I do think that our cars are a rare breed just too bad that their not numbered either way we have bad ass cars :beerchug:

#9 ·
Option Groups
Super Track Pak (DISC)
•NO LONGER AVAILABLE for factory ordering as of July 14, 2010.

•Tires: 245/45ZR20 BSW Performance (DISC)

•Anti-Lock 4-Wheel Disc HD Brakes

•3.06 Rear Axle Ratio

•High Performance Suspension

Notice the Z rated tires and the "high performance suspension" compared to the "performance suspension" thats on the r&t.

#10 ·
yes i did notice. thats why i started this thread because its a notch above the r&t. and there seems to be as also stated no way to track them cuz they are not numbered. the stp would be more commonly found on challengers.

#11 ·
I have the super track pack on my 2010 but im confused about the brakes. when i call dodge they look up by vin and they dont show any special brakes on the super track pack?

#14 ·
I am willing to bet the STP comes with the same brakes found on patrol cars. The brake pad and calipers are the same, however the rotors are larger in diameter.

#12 ·
I've got one, it's a great car. I ordered it last April, took delivery last June. It's been a fun year of driving. I pretty much thought the "Super Track Pack" was the same as the the R/T R&T option.

#22 · (Edited)
I had that, then got another charger road and track package without the STP - But there seems to be some confusion about it still.

STP adds, like another member stated, bigger front and rear sways, it DOES NOT add the 3.06 axle - the road and track package/trim level adds that automatically; even though Dodge's description of the STP says '3.06,' the 3.06 gears are already present on the Road and Track trim level. All other chargers get the 2.65 gears, and it makes a big difference in acceleration times. The Mopar 2011 has 3.93 gears, and I believe the 3.93 gears are also on the 2012 SRT8.

The STP adds better brake pads, and an 'improved' brake feel - but that is it - the calipers are the same, and the rotors are the same.

The STP deletes the Nivomat shocks and struts, and adds monotube shocks (Monroe, I think) that are stiffer and gets different struts as well.

STP also adds the Goodyear F-1 Supercar summer (3 season) tires.

Most importantly, the STP adds a different steering rack, with faster ratio steering.

I was confused about the specifics, so I wrote an email to Dodge and asked them, and that was the response.

The STP makes a big difference in handling, IMO (having owned 2011 versions of the car with and without the STP), but the ride was too stiff for me. I much prefer the 'regular' road and track suspension for daily life, but I miss the great handling of the STP - it turned this car into a big fat Mazda Miata. I di wish Dodge had at least given the 'regular' road and track package the better sways and steering.

Even though the road and track suspension is tuned to be stiffer and more sporting than the 'normal' chargers, I wish it handled as well as the STP but with a little softer damping. Guess you can't have your cake and eat it too with Dodge - My G8 GT had a suspension that handled as well as the STP, but was far more forgiving with potholes and bad roads.

#23 ·
I know the more I drive my 2011 I just got last week with the STP on it, the better I like it, and its got a good feel and compromise in handling and ride quality compared to my other car with adjustable suspension. Ive only driven about 200 miles so far, but with every mile I like it that much more. The power from that hemi is just so addicting.

#28 ·
2011 stp

I have a 2011 R/T with R/T (R2T2)?? with STP. In 2011 we got the 3.06 gears and other goodies with the R/T package. With the STP different suspension, brakes, tires, and best of all 3 mode traction control. Most of you probably know how to shut your traction control off completely. If you don't want to pull, (retard) timing when launching you must have the tranny in the manual mode. It will shift itself at about 5600 rpm. Most LXs retard timing when power launching. If y'all knew this, I'm sorry I went on so long. Pics. included.

Attachments

#29 ·
Hey guys....I have a question for you guys w/ the 2011 + STP regarding the suspension. Are the sway bars on the STP as thick / stiff as the blue Mopar sways? Also, are the shocks / struts as good as the Stage 2 set up from Mopar. The reason I ask is I have an opportunity to get a 2011 black R&T w/ STP from a friend this coming fall. I saw the build sheet and it does list all STP options, ect. The best part is, it is sitting in his garage w/ 2,200 original owner miles. I spent big bucks on overhauling my 07 RT (non R&T) suspension and brakes. The Pedder's Street II w/ sway bar package and complete poly bushing kit makes my car handle like a roller coaster, but it can be very harsh....but I do like it. The most I would do for the suspension might be the Mopar Stage 2 and sway bars, or maybe just the lowering springs and sways, but we will see. What do you guys think?

Thanks....Andy

#30 ·
Anyone have any info?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.