Charger Forums banner

Remote Start shuts off after 10 seconds

37K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Daytona606 
#1 ·
Hey guys - out of the blue i have an issue with the remote start. i will start it and after about 10 seconds the car will shut off. the problem started out of nowhere and happens everytime. any thoughts? It is a stock remote start.

#2 ·
I had the same issue on my van this summer. Would start, run for ten seconds and as soon as the lights came on to signify its running. It would shut off. Took it to the shop, they said it runs through a checklist and shuts the car if off to protect it if theirs a problem. I didn't have time to leave it, so I disconnected it. Later this summer, my battery died because my alternator failed. After replacing the alternator and battery, I reconnected the remote start and its worked fine ever since.

#5 ·
you da man! yes now that you mention it i have a cat code. i have had jba shorties for almost 2 years never had a code, then i blew the gasket and had it replaced, a week later i got the code. they have to be related. thanks for your input. any clue as to the cat code, or a fix?

#7 ·
o ok i was asking because i have had 2 different remotes starters in 2 diff cars after a year or 2 i started gettin problems like car shutting off for no reason after running for a few mins and not starting also it killed my battery a few times i found that the connections to the remote starter would get loose and intermittently work so i used zip ties to hold the plugs in tight and havnt had problems since just my personal experience...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.