Charger Forums banner

Question for 6.4 owners - can you feel MDS?

3K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  TF-Ent 
#1 ·
One of the biggest things I DON'T like in the new gen SRT8 is that they added MDS.

When I buy a performance car I vastly prefer instant throttle response instead of a few more highway MPG. I already get over 20 in my "old" SRT8. I don't need 24 IF that means there is a slight hesitation when I get on the gas.

Can you guys feel it?

#7 ·
I definitely feel it, not all the times. But sometimes its definitely there...but like you said that could be tranny...but that was never the case with my 6.1...I NEVER FELT IT. this sometimes i feel it. 55-60 punch i have never felt it though.

#5 ·
not noticeable

#9 ·
I feel it when it actually happens.

My car seems to be stubborn, however. The only time MDS engages is when I completely let off the gas, or if cruise control is engaged (legal speeds between 100 and 100 km/hr) and going down a decent decline.

#10 ·
I can barely get mine to even go into eco mode let alone feel it. If it weren't for the little green indicator, I wouldn't know it was even there...I can hear a difference in the tone of the exhaust...but I don't feel a thing...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.