Charger Forums banner

07 3.5 not running at temp

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  rodneyiii 
#1 ·
So after a 45 minute drive today I noticed my temp was low. It is cold out but my other cars in the past all reached normal temp. Is this a symptom of a potential problem? Its 35F outside.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Mine will get up to there when driving in town then as soon as I hit the freeway (in 32-45 degree mornings) to go to work in the morning it gradually falls then finally hits the lowest point and my ECT light comes on and engine temp is 32 degrees after driving 70mph for 10 minutes. Trying to figure this one out myself.

#4 ·
Sounds like you both need a new thermostat.

#6 ·
#8 ·
Took 4 days since apparently a blower valve or baffle or something on the intake manifold was rattling and they had to replace the whole manifold to fix it. Didnt really care bc they were paying 100% (bought less than 30 days ago).

Regardless, it was my thermostat HOUSING that was broken, replaced and now needle is dead center and obd reads 199.9 coolant temp

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#9 ·
Glad you got it fixed - for FREE!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.