Charger Forums banner

Coolant Flush help

22K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  Bluegrass Lady 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Well I'm an idiot. I got my quantum blue gold yesterday and had plans for my buddy to change it for me. Well he is leaving for Florida for two weeks tomorrow and said he won't be able to do it now until he comes back.

So I said to myself "screw him, I'll do it myself."

So I got my car on ramps and took off the bottom two pieces of plastic and turned the tab to drain the coolant. All is well at this point. While its draining I figured I would come back in and look online on how to get the balance of the coolant out of the block so its completely empty. Well much to my surprise I have found little to no information on how to do this. Now granted it may be there and I am just missing it but, i'm lost. One site tells me there is a drain on the block, another says attach a garden hose, one says to fill with distilled water and let it heat up and drain again.

All of these I have my doubts about. On top of the fact none of them are for srt8's but I cant see how I could get an accurate 50/50 mix if I fill up with water until it runs clear out the drain.

Can anyone help me? Where do I go from here

Thanks,
Dan

See less See more
#2 ·
#3 ·
Well,

Thanks to Brain at BND I got this thing going. He spent OVER 2 hours on the phone with me to help me through the process and was there to help EVERY time I Called. He was amazing.

I had a few problems with the coolant actually going back into the car but somehow it worked out. I have a different coolant bottle for some reason than other 2006's.

All I have to say is if you didn't drink the BND koolaid before, there is no other product or person that I would want to deal with. He isn't just there to sell you a product, he actually will spend time with you to make sure you take car of your car.

To spend two hours with me on the phone, on a beautiful Saturday afternoon no less, made me a customer for life.

Thanks again Brain. And if anyone doesn't believe the service that this man provides or are on the fence on whether his products work feel free to PM me and I will provide you my phone number to call me.

Here are the pictures of the coolant that came out. It was red to start with now its brownish, cloudy, and had white pieces that were floating around in it. After the flushed and having the water boiling over out of the bottle the white pieces are now on the ground around my car as well as in the engine bay. Keep in mind my charger is an 06 with only 12k on it. This coolant is trashed.

#4 ·
Hey, thank you for the nice words about what happened Saturday. We are here to make money, but it is not always about the money, and we are frankly glad we were in the office on Saturday to assist you.

Customers do come first with us and we try to put our actions behind our words. Enjoy the new QuantumBlue HP Gold Coolant!:beerchug:

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC:driving:
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

#6 ·
#11 ·
The thermostat has a smaller piping heading back to the firewall area with no mobility at all, right below the hose connection and all looks to be connected to the pressure release valve , with no lift cover from the thermostat mounting area. Am I missing something here or what? Looks like there should be an O ring connecting the metal tubing , right behind the valve? Is this right?

#12 ·
Connie,

This is all I have on it.

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC:driving:
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

#13 ·
I finally followed the lower hose that was hidden bottom right hand side of radiator to the side of the engine and found thermostat . I have a small hand and it was all I could do to get to it. O my, I am really considering taken this job to Dodge with my quatium blue coolant for service. Then to top that off , parts store had two different thermostat showings of different sizes for the car. I had enough for today for sure. Thanks everyone for helping!
Connie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.