Charger Forums banner

2012 v6 awd drop springs

4K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  h0wl0ngcanitbe 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all,
Thought I should share my findings after yielding very little search results.
I just installed Eibach springs (Pro-Kit kit # 2879.140) on my 2012 v6 awd charger. My assumption was correct that Dodge did in fact keep similar spring dimensions and spring rates between the pre 2011 rt awd chargers and the 2012 v6 awd chargers. I compensated for the differences in front end weights (between the v8 and v6) by cutting ¼ of a coil off each of the front springs.
Here is a pick of the stock ride height (obnoxious amount of wheel well gap in the back IMO)

And here are pics of the (modified) Eibach kit after 200miles of driving

As you can see the ride height seems about level (if I take it apart again id cut another 1/8 coil out of the fronts). The ride is noticeably stiffer but not unpleasant enough to cause the wife to take notice.
All in all I would say that this kit achieves a closer-to-what-stock-should-be stance, but is IMO, not what I would consider low.

See less See more
#6 ·
AWD Touring-tuned Suspension Standard on Charger SXT, SXT Plus, R/T, R/T Plus and R/T Max (AWD)
Front
Stabilizer bar 32 mm, solid
Shock type/rate Monotube with 340 lb./in.
Rear
Stabilizer bar 16 mm, solid
Shock type/rate Monotube with 600 lb./in.
Performance-tuned Suspension Standard on Charger R/T, R/T Plus, R/T Road & Track and R/T Max (RWD)
Included on Charger SXT and SXT Plus with Blacktop Package or SXT
Appearance Group (RWD)
Front
Stabilizer bar 27 mm, solid
Rear
Stabilizer bar 16 mm, solid
Shock type/rate Monotube with 670 lb./in.
Super Track Pak Suspension Optional on Charger R/T Road & Track (RWD)
Front
Stabilizer bar 30 mm, solid
Rear
Stabilizer bar 20 mm, solid
Shock type/rate Monotube with 670 lb./in.

although it says nothing about spring rate, it does say something about shock rate that shows the AWD suspension and the RWD V8 and STP RWD suspension all have similar rates for shocks, so I'm still looking but I do believe they are all similar on springs, I do know the AWD is taller but RWD V8 Springs should be a swap with no mods, especially Eibachs...

#9 ·
Did you measure your before and after heights? Just curious as I really want and AWD charger but that wheel gap is almost a deal breaker. Jus waiting for something awesome to come out for it....

Way to put some work into your ride!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.