Charger Forums banner

SQUEAKY / CHIRPING noise from front wheel area when I go over bumps ... WHY?

13K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  R1ZOOM 
#1 ·
I've been noticing a squeaky noise coming from both of the front wheels. Not sure if it's with the shocks, brakes, or anything else around there, all i know is that you can hear it make "chirping" sounds when I go over speed bumps, etc.

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks.

#3 ·
I suspect it might be a dry rubber suspension joint somewhere (anti-roll bar?) Could also be a dry ball joint. Drive it around, if it gets any worse, grab a tech from the dealers and take them over some bumps. If you can't stand the noise - do it anyway. :)

#4 ·
Mine did this too. There is a metal clamp on one of the lower hoses on the car that makes contact with the front cross member when you hit bumps because it moves forward a little. It is close to the center, so it sounds like it is coming from both sides of the car. Have them put your car on a lift, remove the splash guard from the undercarriage, and they should see the shiny metal clamp. They spent mine around and wrapped it in electrical tape just in case to keep it from making that metal on metal sound on bumps. Another guy here had the same problem with his patrol car and they fixed his very similarly at another dealer here locally. It took maybe 10 minutes. I stood there and watched them do it.

#5 ·
Mine did this too. There is a metal clamp on one of the lower hoses on the car that makes contact with the front cross member when you hit bumps because it moves forward a little. It is close to the center, so it sounds like it is coming from both sides of the car. Have them put your car on a lift, remove the splash guard from the undercarriage, and they should see the shiny metal clamp. They spent mine around and wrapped it in electrical tape just in case to keep it from making that metal on metal sound on bumps. Another guy here had the same problem with his patrol car and they fixed his very similarly at another dealer here locally. It took maybe 10 minutes. I stood there and watched them do it.
Amazing! One of the coolant-hose-clamps? Make sure it didn't rub through the paint and leave bare metal exposed to the elements.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.