Charger Forums banner

ALL Hemis getting the 8-speed in February 2013

6K views 40 replies 20 participants last post by  GLHS837 
#1 ·
Production starts Feb 6 and ordering opens a week or so later. SRT's included!

Better late than never! :banana:

#9 ·
#6 ·
People keep linking to this Ontario Street Car blog; until recently I've never heard of it, and it's got some pretty off-the-wall stuff that no one else seems to want to commit / comment on.

Anyone know the background behind it?

I WANT TO BELIEVE...

#7 ·
Pretty happy with my 5 speed. Did that before buying the first year run of a new car. Monte Carlo SS. V8 2006. Went thru 3 transmissions and finally a value spring broke and it started ticking. Sold it. Heard about the 8 speed coming to SRT but didn't want to be the one testing it. Heard so many good things about the 5 Speed NAG1 it being pullet proof. I rather have something thats reliable than something thats going to break down the road and i have to keep dumping money into it. Lucking for me that trans was under warranty before it broke. Not saying 8 speed is bad. I just wont be the one to get it first this time. :eek:)

#8 ·
I came across this site that lists the production updates for Chrysler vehicles. It shows that the 8-speed automatic (DFG) is scheduled to end production on 02/06/13. However, there is a different 8-speed automatic (DFL) that is scheduled to start production on 02/06/13.

http://www.donlen.com/production-cars-chrysler.aspx

#13 ·
You're going to be sleeping for a long time bud...I honestly doubt they will ever offer a stick on the Charger.

#23 ·
I'm already impressed I get 16MPG city and 24MPG highway with a near-500hp V8 that's the size of a small house. Many other people are as well, especially when their SUV can't match that. The problem is the people waving their ****s around screaming that we're "behind" with a 5-speed cogbox, while everyone else has 7 and 8s to extract every last drop out of a 4-banger.

I'm completely happy with the 5-speed; I'll take the SRT8s at their current price point instead of a $5k price bump to make a few whiners happy... until they complain about the $5k price bump.

That site is notorious for swiping info from other sites, re-writing it, and rarely if ever giving credit for their sources. They also don't research very well as a lot of their information is totally inaccurate.
Thanks RS; that's what I had figured. Quick shout out of thanks to you for the info you drop; always appreciated. :beerchug:

#25 ·
$5k price bump? Is the 8 speed gonna be a $5k option or is it coming standard for an extra $5k?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
The SRT8's Chargers and 300's are already between $50K-$58K right now, so how are they going to sell them by bumping them up to $63K? :rolleyes2: :confused:

#33 ·
The SRT8's Chargers and 300's are already between $50K-$58K right now, so how are they going to sell them by bumping them up to $63K? :rolleyes2: :confused:
First up...not sure where this $5K number is coming from....

Second: The SRT starts at 45,995 (Super Bee is even less). You have to REALLY dump the options on it to get it break 50K.
Hmmm, just got one to 53K pretty easy. 2013s start at $46,990. the below took it to 50K .

Vapor wheels - +$600
Power Sunroof - +$1000
Black roof - +$1500
Driver Confidence Group - +$700

BTw, tried to delete the stupid black stripe on my Jazz Blue, only to be told that can only be done by choosing a white color car!!!! Jeebus, WTH is that?

#19 ·
Isn't this is only for the 5.7L Cherokee in January 2013 and the SRT8 6.4L Cherokee in February? Challenger/300/Charger V8, 8 speeds are still slated for model year 2014?

#30 ·
The $5k number came from me; it's a number I plucked out of the air for the additional cost not only for the the 8-speed, but the 6.2L SC, and all the other little things people want to add in make the SRT8s "competitive".

You can't have your cake and eat it too people. I'd love for the SRT8s to be 550HP with the 8-speed, massaging seats, ceramic brakes, etc. But the major advantage over all it's competition - price - is out the window.

If you think you're going to get a direct numbers-to-numbers (horsepower, 'Ring times, etc.) competitor for the E63 and M5 at the current SRT8s price point... think again.

#36 ·
Regard less i'm happy with what I got. 90 percent of the people on the road where I live or scared to push the gas when I pull up next to them lol. I can live with me being faster then 90 percent of the people on the road today. :eek:) Maybe even 95 percent. I almost never see a CTSV maybe once every 6 months or so maybe. Gt500 only in the summer and fall and maybe 1 every 2 months or so.

#37 ·
That's pretty much my opinion too...no matter what I drive, even if it's a GT500, there will always be some toolbox out there with more money and a faster car...but 95% of the time, I know I'll be the first car away from a stop light by quite a large gap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.