Charger Forums banner

Egged Car!

5K views 37 replies 14 participants last post by  Yuro 
#1 ·
So its 11:30 at night and my old lady just called me and said that an officer knocked on the door and told her that some punk kids just egged my car!! I'm twenty miles away with no wheels and she cant come here. I'm really worried about the paint. its 16 degrees outside, can i wait till morning or do i need to find away to get my car to a carwash right now??? any advice would be a big help

#2 ·
Eggs won't hurt the paint. It's just protein and can't dissolve anything. It might feeze solid but it won't do any harm. You can wait until you can clean it off.

#18 ·
Sorry DD, I disagree. I had egg discolor paint and leave a permanent stain.

OP, your advantage may have been the temperature, it may have froze the egg surface before it could do anything. Good cleaning asap!

#3 · (Edited)
Just wash it really well in the morning. Good thing the kids weren't using bologna or brake fluid like they do out by me!

#5 ·
well my wife just went out with some warm water and didnt have any luck. I guess ill just wait till morning and give it a good bath. The officer told her that my car was the 15th car tonight to get the egg treatment!

#7 ·
#8 ·
hmmm yeah never heard of that maybe ill try it on my ol beater. i ended up going and getting my car and driving 20 miles to my works heated shop and washing my car just for peace of mind. just got done and its 1:30 am but ill sleep good now

#9 ·
Peace of mind isn't a bad thing when you make a 30,000 + dollar investment on a car, good call.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

#11 ·
True, somebody threw an egg at my brother's car and it left a circular indent that left little ripples in the paint which radiated outward..he'd have to repaint the entire nose of the car to fix it. People are ridiculous. Kids don't understand how upset people get when stuff happens to their car until they get their first nice car.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

#14 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Vehicle door Motor vehicle

here is the main damage done last night i think the eggs just hit the window but it still was everywhere. I will find out who did it. i live in a town with 3000 people and they egged at least 15 cars so people will talk.

#15 ·
Holy crap, what ever happened to one egg? Did they take a towel and smear it around or what the hell is making it look like its been swirled around?

#16 ·
thats from my wife putting warm water on it and getting the shells off of it and trying to get it off. oh and we just found out who did it already so there is going to be some consequences

#17 ·
Well glad you guys find out who the little bastard is. Hopefully someone found them before the cops and he got some pre-justice.

#24 ·
well I'm very happy that it was cold out and i took the time and cleaned it anyway. I don't see any damage on it so far so i think i ducked out of that one.
Here's what you need to do. Check the area in different lights at different angle. The cold probably helped a bunch but make sure. The damage will look like slight discoloration where the eggs were on the car. Had it been summer, you would have noticed it immediately.

#26 ·
alright thanks for the advice ill be checking that soon. I hope these two girls get some consequences for their stupidity.
They will no doubt be required to pay restitution. You may want to take it to a professional detailer and have him take a look at it since this type of damage is not something that you are use to looking for. If there is damage, find out how much it will cost to have it fixed. Those girls will have to pay that.

Whatever you do, do NOT take it to a dealership. Those are some of the worst detailing hacks known to man and they will inflict more damage on your paint than it already has.

#31 ·
It's not the egg from the bird, it's the poop ya got to be concerned about!!

Big John

#37 ·
i would have loved to catch those little skanks, we live in a small town (3000) people and these two girls are the daughters of two of the richest farmers in town. needless to say they pretty much got away with it. all the cops ended up doing is fining the parents for egging the city cars and did NOTHING about the 15 other civilian cars

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#38 ·
Civil court! U have to pay for the paint to be blended an such, that was a wide area.
My car was egged in the cold... Wentto car wash next day and used the soft brush til it got cleaned! At least they do it in the cold for some odd reason

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.