Charger Forums banner

SLP Loudmouth 1 VS Loudmouth 2

46K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  dmorton80 
#1 ·
I'm in the market for an exhaust. I'm sold on SLP but can't really decide between Loudmouth 1 and Loudmouth 2. I've read that LM1 is a bit louder, but comes with a little more drone than LM2. Can anyone confirm or deny this? I've did research searching on the forums but I didn't really find what I was looking for. I'm looking for an exhaust that isn't obnoxiously loud when just cruising but can turn heads when I jump on it. When I say obnoxiously loud, I mean that stupid ricer sound some cars have.

So who has either exhaust and can tell me what they know and what they would recommend? Thanks! :beer_yum:

#2 · (Edited)
I used to have The lm1 and its pretty damn loud, drone is pretty crazy on it too, its pretty much like in your face raspy loud. I ended up getting rid of it. Im starting to hear a lot of good things about the lm2s. I also heard that they don't have that much drone. They're more like a deep rumble.

#3 ·
LM1's are just gonna have that gnarly no-tone, just raspy noise. The LM2's are going to be a bit quieter and have a little bit more tone. I've heard both setups - pretty much back to back - on the same car, and the tone(or lack there of)/ overall sound is so similar I would say you might as well just go with the LM1's for the extra volume.

If you're getting a loud exhaust you're going to have drone, period. If you're looking for something with more tone and a good rich tone at idle look at other kits like the JBA's.

#4 ·
I've heard good things about the JBA exhausts as well. Didn't do much research on that one. I'll do that right now!

I heard that for the LM2, if you have your radio on 13-14 (which is normal for me,) you don't hear the drone at all. Which will work for me. I can definitely deal with that!

#6 ·
I emailed SLP cause I was considering them! They did admit that there is drone on both exhaust systems. The LM2 was obviously less drone! I liked their sound also and the Price for the exhaust. After doing some research I am leaning to the Corsa exhaust. From what I heard they have minimal interior drone practically none..But of course the price for the Corsa is much more then SLP! I don't want much drone cause not only is my Charger my toy but an occasional Family transport car and on a trip i would hate to hear that drone the whole drive!!!

#8 ·
I have the LM2 and it definitely has a deeper tone than the LM1, and once the exhaust breaks in, the drone is rather unnoticable... Unless I'm stepping on it hard, my girlfriend and I can easily talk in the car regardless of speed... Road tripped as well and we didn't notice it that much.

Now that said, the first 500 miles or so are a bit loud and the drone can be aggravating, but like I said, once it breaks in, its not that noticable. Heck, even when I have a migrane, the drone doesn't bother it that much.

#11 ·
I'm looking at the LM2 setup as well. My 08 SRT has a Magnaflow Catback on it now, with no muffler (X-pipe instead) and it gets a little too "crackly, poppy" sounding above 3000 rpms. Anyone have any idea how the LM2 will sound compared to a muffler-less Magnaflow? We'll throw the JBA in for comparison's sake too.

#12 ·
Theres a nice sound clip on SLP's website as well as youtube for the LM2 setup on the R/T. I'm going to get that one for mine :bigthumb:

A friend of mine has this on his Camaro and it sounds awesome and you can talk inside the car without any drone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.