Charger Forums banner

Little mod for the weekend

1K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  POTTER 
#1 ·
Got an extra set of markers from a member here...thank you leodogg...and decided to try something out...stencil and color down...baking to cure it...litte wetsanding to cime and clearcoat....like the way they are coming out.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
looks good!

#3 ·
Looks good. Should try it with one of the clear lens markers next.

#6 ·
Here are the finished pics this morning, I will put them in when it warms up later...still like 3 degrees in CT..lol...

I wet sanded them a bit, but I did not go too far, was afraid of messing up the finish more.. they could be smoother (little orange peel still) but I think they look pretty good.

Attachments

#7 ·
Like the idea of going with clear...but these were cheap and available....if I like the look, I might do something different.

#9 ·
Couple shots installed and lit up..

sorry for the low res (phone pics) and dirty car....washed her today too...just can't keep it clean in the winter with all the crap they put on the roads

Attachments

#11 · (Edited)
One of my side marker bulbs just went out. Do you just pop them out from the outside or go from the inside? It seems as if they will break if you don't do it correctly. What do you (or anyone) use to pop them out??

#12 ·
I have taken them out both ways. Its easier to get them out from the inside like changing fog bulbs. That way you can reach in and pull the tab to pop them out.

On the outside, I just used a knife and pried it out.

#14 ·
They are way easier to take out then you would think. Slide a pop tool (or butter knife in a pinch) between the outside edge of the lense and the body panel and juat pry them out....then you just pop the bulbs out and in.

Thanks for the comments ...working on my other 'spare' set now with another idea...amyone know how to separate the lense frome the housing...what temp and how long to bake them?

#15 ·
looks great installed!

#16 ·
Thanks man..a little different than the plain old smoked corners....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.