Charger Forums banner

Strut tower brace?

30K views 24 replies 14 participants last post by  JankeyCharger 
#1 ·
Would a strut tower brace tighten up the suspension too much on a 2012 RT road and track with STP? They sure look nice under the hood!

#2 ·
That the whole idea behind them. Several report back positive feed back after installing. But to the average driver I can't see how it would make any noticeable difference.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#9 ·
i didnt notice any difference... the Eibach springs and dampers are what i noticed... the bar was for looks for me... i didn't choose sway bars cuz i like the factory ride but improved handling... the MOPAR bar is super easy to install and look great...

#10 ·
I have one. Like a few others have said it does tighten up the front a bit. Hitting curves like an off ramps or weaving in an out of traffic the front feels a little less... wiggly. I does look good and the install is super easy. For a typical daily driver I have to agree, it probrably doesn't make that much of a difference until you really push it.

Attachments

#14 · (Edited)
I think all of the front ST bars made for the LX models attach in at least 3 locations. Some attach to the factory cross-brace at the firewall, other models replace that factory cross bar. I had the Razor's Edge front and 2-point rear bars in mine. I definitely noticed the front end was tighter, even just in regular driving. I did not notice so much of a difference from the rear bar. :)

Found my old thread on my install:
http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81548

Sorry one or two pics aren't there any more.

#25 ·
Worth it.

2016 Dodge Charger R/T - Road & Track. I added a Petty Garage single Strut Tower Brace recently and I notice a much better front end response in hard cornering. I prefer to have a little looseness in the rear and frequently let the back break loose and spin up the throttle out of tight turns. Not certain that I will add rear end tie, but the front end is a noticeable diff with stock suspension.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.