Charger Forums banner

Hey all

2K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  Mopar782 
#1 ·
New to the forums here...I'm looking to be buying a new charger within the next month but having trouble deciding between the 8 speed sxt or the rt...the car will be my daily driver & my commute is approximate 100 miles round trip not much traffic since I'm currently working an off hour shift...just looking for some advice from some who use the rt as daily driver vs the v6...& also I live in Chicago area wondering how the rwd handles in the ice & snow...any advice would be greatly appreciated..thanx in advance

#2 ·
Welcome aboard and congrats in advance on your upcoming purchase. As an owner of a V6, I can tell you that it has more than enough grunt to get you into trouble but if you want more get up and go that you're probably better of with an R/T. As far as winter goes, I'd invest in a second set of takeoff wheels and good snow tires for it. As long as you're responsible and take it easy you'll be OK even with heavy lake effect off of Lake Michigan.

Just based on your commute, the V6 will be the star as far as fuel mileage. I commute 60 miles per day in mine and see average fuel mileage in the 31-32 range running at 70 on the highway.

I'd drive both and see which one you really like.

Good luck!

#3 ·
welcome aboard and congrats in advance on your upcoming purchase. As an owner of a v6, i can tell you that it has more than enough grunt to get you into trouble but if you want more get up and go that you're probably better of with an r/t. As far as winter goes, i'd invest in a second set of takeoff wheels and good snow tires for it. As long as you're responsible and take it easy you'll be ok even with heavy lake effect off of lake michigan.

Just based on your commute, the v6 will be the star as far as fuel mileage. I commute 60 miles per day in mine and see average fuel mileage in the 31-32 range running at 70 on the highway.

I'd drive both and see which one you really like.

Good luck!
+1

#6 ·
Welcome aboard from Annapolis, MD

#11 ·
Welcome. I am new to the forum too. I just purchased a 2012 RT last month, and I too have a 100 mile commute to work. The RT makes for a much more enjoyable drive to work. The MPG is not as bad as I thought, my previous SE averaged around 22 (at an 80 mph average). My new RT is the same, and could be better if I could drive 70... but is really hard to do.
enjoy your new ride!

#12 ·
Welcome from Windsor, Ontario.

#14 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.