Charger Forums banner

Electric supercharger!

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Stumblin Steve 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I'm not planning on using this, but I was just looking through ebay last night, and found this (link below). And from my previous information I was informed then later found out my self, that the electric superchargers actually hurt performance in big engine like ours because they move less air then what the engine need at WOT. This ad claims to move 800 cfm of air, so my question is, if any one know is this just another way to get people to spend money, on useless stuff, or did the electric super chargers get better in the past few years, and they actually work? I don't have access to a dyno any more, but if I did, I would have tried it on my car!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Electric-SU...&otn=5&po=LCA&ps=63&clkid=8364284490181414354

#2 ·
I think the only reason they still sell these is because people actually buy them. Anything that goes into the tube would just be impeding airflow. I havent seen the one that plugs into your engine like that but i am 98% sure it would hurt you more than help.

#4 ·
That's what I though but I was just wondering if anyone has tried one? And maybe had dyno results?
I know the older versions hurt performance.
For a little Honda if this really moves 800 cfm it may actually help but I HSBC fact to back that up its just my opinion

#5 ·
I'm getting tired of these threads, I swear this is like the 4th one about this product in the last month... it's not your fault, it's the products... and that people ask about them all the time.

Simple answer:

It won't do ANYTHING for you, except make your wallet lighter. :rolleyes2:

#9 ·
Hey guys, I'm not planning on using this, but I was just looking through ebay last night, and found this (link below). And from my previous information I was informed then later found out my self, that the electric superchargers actually hurt performance in big engine like ours because they move less air then what the engine need at WOT. This ad claims to move 800 cfm of air, so my question is, if any one know is this just another way to get people to spend money, on useless stuff, or did the electric super chargers get better in the past few years, and they actually work? I don't have access to a dyno any more, but if I did, I would have tried it on my car!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Electric-SUPERCHARGER-KIT-3-PSI-900-Watt-Intake-Turbo-Cold-Air-Intake-Jeep-/300704059381?_trksid=p3984.m185&_trkparms=algo%3DPI.WATCH%26itu%3DUA%26otn%3D5%26po%3DLCA%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D8364284490181414354

Man...this product just wont die...You should totally buy it, but you should buy four of them and put them in, it'll give you four times the hp and torque :rolleyes2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.