Charger Forums banner

R/T Stripes & Emblems Where/How Much?

2K views 23 replies 7 participants last post by  chargerfreak08 
#1 ·
I would love to have the R/T Stripes from the Challenger that go on the fender and hood, does anyone know where to get them at a low cost??

Also the red R/T emblems for the grille and deck lid.

Thanks!

:driving:

#3 ·
2008 Charger R/T without Road and Track.

I understand, well what about the regular chrome emblem just like the one on the deck lid, too me the grille would look better with a R/T badge there.

#5 ·
thanks!t

Thank you! Got the emblem ordered! :beerchug:

#6 ·
Upbadging? Really? I can see putting SRT badges on an RT as upbadging but RT badges on an RT is fine in my eyes.

In that way of thinking a honeycomb grille on a 2.7 or 3.5 is upbadging...

#8 ·
Warpaint

Ddaddy,

Thats exactly what I was after...I work for a body shop at a Dodge dealer, and I talked to our tint guy, he said he can give me a killer deal, so im getting the warpaint (black of course) on my grey R/T at the same time as my tint!! I'll post pics soon! :driving:

#9 · (Edited)
And I like the idea of the Road and Track badges.. and really its dodges fault for giving the redundant name anyway. I'm prolly just gonna go with them. After all my car is a R/T. just not the R/T|R/T

Also thinking about getting the Hemi 5.7 Liter Badge from a 2012-2013 1500 pickup...just to brag a little bit :D

#10 ·
I say go for it. Most people have done it and there are a few that think its upbadging but oh well. 90% of the people on the road don't notice or know what that means anyways.

I think the 5.7 would look good. Similar to the 3.5L on the SXT. I was looking to put RT above the HEMI myself but so far I only got 1 chrome badge. I need one more.

#12 ·
It's your car and it is a true R/T. Do what makes you happy! :beerchug:

I have Superbee badges on my fenders as a tribute to my grandfather who loved the Bee. The bee wasn't an option when I bought my car so I added them. I'm not pretending the car is a Bee, and I'm doing it because it makes me happy and it's mine to do with as I wish. I really don't care if anyone disapproves.

Attachments

#11 ·
Oh an you can still post a before pic!

#14 ·
Bone Stock

For now!

:D:D:D

#22 ·
War stripes? They are called "Le Mans stripes."

I have the same color and I was debating on the Le Mans stripes. Please post a pic if you get this done.

#16 ·
Putting road and track badges on a rt is up badging it's the sameThing as putting Daytona vinyls on a rt that isn't a Daytona those badges distinguish the road and track cars from the others just my opinion

#17 ·
So that would be saying that if someone upgrades their seats to the swede insert style must be upbadging? Or the red stitched shift knob on SRT's? OR RT/ SRT wheels on a SXT? What about Brembo brakes? SRT scooped hood? The list goes on. Badges that say RT on a RT are a serious stretch if you ask me.

#18 ·
Basically yes if they don't take the srt8 off the seats but stitching come on! Your stretching it a little far it called up badging cuz your changing the badges to something you don't really have

#19 ·
I was just using other parts that are specific to specific models. Its what sets them apart and makes them unique. 99% of people don't even know there is a difference between the RT and RT. That's crazy. Someone needs to inform them.

#20 ·
I agree I just figured I would make the point. I'm not gonna be a die hard hater it's not my car. I'm a true believer of do what ever makes you happy but it's just food for thought because its just something I wouldn't do (rep what you got and be happy)

#21 ·
I like the grille emblem myself and I thought about getting it. Red would match my current color scheme, and next year when I change to blue, I would change it to blue. But thats assuming I got one anyways.

#23 ·
Yeah I will, it probably won't be till after Tax Return time. But I have gotten a quote to do window tinting and got a killer deal to get the stripes put on as an extra.

#24 ·
Found some "R/T" emblems on ebay really cheap, still debating on whether or not I'm gonna bother...also getting some paint soon to do the wheels.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.