Charger Forums banner

Power windows up not working (Moved/Merged)

5K views 28 replies 20 participants last post by  SRT8YA 
#1 ·
Gentlemen,
Is there anything that has to be reset? After I installed the K+N CAI. My traction control light went on. I read that it had to be reset by turning the steering wheel all the way left and all the way right. It went away. However I was just reading the manual and it stated that if the battery was ever disconnected you have to go to the dealer to have them reset it. Is this true? The manual also said that the MDS would not function until it was reset.:knockout:

#4 ·
Might be a dumb question, but why would you need to disconnect the battery if putting in a cold air intake.

#5 ·
I guess because I had to disconnect and move the oxygen sensor? I'm not what you would call on top of automotive electronics. It does make sense to disonnect the battery. But like i said the manual said if the battery is ever disonnected it has to be reset by the dealer.

Nice car by the way

#6 ·
I didn't disconnect my battery for the CAI, but I did about halfway through my midpipe install (those who have done this will know what I mean). Traction control and MDS work fine (and I get a lot of use out of both).

#19 · (Edited)
If you mean that they won't auto power up, did you do the window reset procedure? From a closed position, push both windows all the way down simumtaneoulsy, then all the way back up. Hold both switches up for 8 seconds, that should reset your auto up feature. I've done it several times. Give that a try before bringing it in for service. Sorry if this was answered on a previous thread.

#10 ·
this wouldnt be caused from a battery disconnect...pull fuse #11 and hope it works...otherwise i'd check all the fuses and make sure one of them didnt blow..and if not then the motor either blew or failed...in any case doesnt sound good IMO...

#12 ·
Mine are screwed up too. when I installed superchips last week the pass window would not come auto up.
Then I did superchips again too change the shift settings too non raised rev limits the driver window will not power up and the pass now does. weird...

#14 ·
reset auto windows

Somewhere (either here or at lx forums) I saw a post about resetting the automatic window limit switch after disconnecting the battery. There was a proceedure for it in the post. It sounded like the window would still go up manually, but not using the auto up feature.

I can't seem to find it again, and I think my car has the auto up feature, but it doesn't work so I want to try it myself. Let me know if you have any luck finding it.

I'll keep looking and will post it here if I find it.

#15 ·
From my memory...which could be wrong....

To reset the auto up/down, you have to hold the button so the window goes up all the way then keep holding for 5 seconds or so. Hope I'm right and this helps.

Justin

Somewhere (either here or at lx forums) I saw a post about resetting the automatic window limit switch after disconnecting the battery. There was a proceedure for it in the post. It sounded like the window would still go up manually, but not using the auto up feature.

I can't seem to find it again, and I think my car has the auto up feature, but it doesn't work so I want to try it myself. Let me know if you have any luck finding it.

#17 ·

What you do is start with the window up and hold the switch all the way down and continue holding it for about 5 sec. after the window is down.
The pull the switch up all the way and continue holding it for 5 sec. after the window is up. You can do that for both of your front windows from the drivers side.

#20 ·
Thanks,

Is there a bell, chime, light anythign to tell you its set (you have held it long enough)?
No bell or chime, just test it after you tried it. sometimes takes more than once
or at least mine did. this procedure is also written in the owners manual.

#22 ·
Thanks from me also mine now work. I think the computer on the car freaks out a little when superchips has you turning off on off on off on of on off on.............................LOL

#23 ·
Whenever the battery is disconnected, the following must be done:

BATTERY RECONNECTION

Note: This reconnection procedure is to be performed anytime the battery has been disconnected.
1. Connect the battery negative cable (2) to the battery post and tighten the clamp nut.
2. Install the rear compartment floor trim panel.

CAUTION: Once the battery has been connected, review and perform the following information also as applicable:

AUTO UP FRONT WINDOW

If the vehicle is equipped with the auto-up front window feature, once the battery is reconnected the door module needs to be calibrated. The door module requires calibration anytime the battery or door module has been disconnected for any length of time. To calibrate, perform the following:
1. Connect the battery cables.
2. Using the window switch, raise the window to the full UP position. Hold the switch in position for 1 second, then drive the window all the way down to the bottom.

ELECTRONIC STABILITY PROGRAM (ESP)

If the vehicle is equipped with ESP, once the battery is reconnected, the Steering Angle Sensor (SAS) needs to be calibrated. The SAS requires calibration anytime the battery or an ABS (ESP) component has been disconnected for any length of time. To calibrate, perform the following:
1. Start the engine.
2. Center the steering wheel.
3. Turn the steering wheel all the way to the left until the internal stop in the steering gear is met, then turn the wheel all the way to the right until the opposite internal stop in the steering gear is met.
4. Center the steering wheel.
5. Stop the engine.

Rambit

#25 ·
or you could have not pulled any fuses and just let pcm adaptive strategy do its job.

ok i'm done:grin:

#28 ·
Thanks for the solution on the automatic windows!!! My driver's auto-up stopped working over the weekend, and I searched here before I made the appointment. 30 seconds of searching and 30 seconds of raising the windows up and down beats a trip to the service center any day!!! Thanks again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.