Charger Forums banner

Activate Sirius?

13K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  Locotuss 
#1 ·
I decided I was to activate the Sirius radio in my 06 Charger R/T. How do I go about doing that?

#4 ·
Activating your Sirius-Ready hardware is an exciting part of the whole process - within minutes you'll be up and running and enjoying the best 100% commercial-free music from SIRIUS.

Yes, I've got my gear. (If not, check out what we’ve got)
Yes, I've got my gear installed.
Yes, I've picked a subscription plan. (If not, take a look at your options)

The ID/ESN number from your SIRIUS receiver.

A major credit card.

Have your SIRIUS tuner installed with the antenna facing skyward.

Turn your SIRIUS tuner on and tune it to channel 184.

To activate by phone call 1.888.539.SIRIUS(7474)

#6 ·
what radio do you have, most will show you the -SID- number, you shouldn't have to pull it out , i did't

#8 ·
Okay, do this
1. acc on, power off
2.press and hold the Load and the Set/Rnd buttons as the same time
3. a diagnostic screen appears, find the ESN on the screen and write it down.
4. call Sirius to activate...
5. enjoy !!!

let me know if This helped...

#9 ·
I tried holding the LOAD and SET/RND buttons together with the radio off and power to the car on several times, and even held the buttons in for like 10 seconds, but nothing came up. Are you sure its those 2 buttons?

#10 · (Edited)
worked on mine just now, My nav system is the "REC" radio, do you have the navigation radio manual? it give the activation for your radio if different then mine. The dealer would also know or should because they usualy activate them for you when new.

others have provided the VIN # and they activated it, I'm stil researching this for you and will get back to you...

#11 ·
Here is another suggeston, if your shows TIME button.

Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: How do I access my 12-digit ESN/SID Number?
A: With the ignition switch in the ACCESSORY position and the radio OFF, press the Tape Eject or CD Eject (depending on the radio type) and Time buttons simultaneously for four seconds. The radio will display all twelve (or four of the twelve) digits at one time. If only four digits are displayed press the SEEK UP button to display the next four digits. Continue to press the SEEK UP button until all twelve ESN/SID digits have been displayed.

#12 ·
thanks that worked for me very helpful been wanting to do it for the longest time :bigthumb:

#14 ·
When I get out of work I will check the manual as I do have it in my glovebox. Im very curious about it now.

#15 ·
Ok mine does not show a time button and is the "REC" radio and says exactly what you said about holding LOAD and SET/RND together. The only thing that happens is if I press Load first then at the bottom of the screen the cd slots of 1 2 3 4 5 6 are shown to eject the disc. If I press the SET/RND button first and then LOAD, the time is all thats shown with nothing else happening

#16 ·
So you get nothing when pressing together, that's strange, my shows up immediately.

another post said to call in VIN to Sirius, not sure how that works because they need o send signal to radio and they use the SID/esn # to access it, worth a try to see though...

Sorry this isn't working for your radio....

#17 ·
YOur pressing them at the same time right? Not one first and then another? Its weird your is working and mine isnt. I dont know what Im doing wrong.

#18 ·
YES together, have to press at the same time while radio is off.....turn key to ACC prior to pressing.

See if dealer has a suggestion.

Call Sirius for suggestion.

#19 ·
I was talking to a Sirius rep the other day, they are offering a lifetime membership for 399 or 499 with added XM stations... can transfer 3 times and costs 75 for each transfer.

#20 ·
They usually don't hit you with the transfer, so it can be a nice deal, I have replaced my plug n play once and so has my son and they didn't charge us, we have four plug n play units and one in dash(charger) so maybe a loyalty ting..

#21 ·
I checked my window sticker with the rundown of what was all included with the car and it didnt mention that it was SIRIUS READY. Should it have? ALso, even if it didnt, I should still have been able to get the radio number by holding LOAD and SET/RDM.

#23 ·
I pm'd you today with new info...

if not equiped it wont show you the ESN #, that number isn't the REC # it is the Satellite tuner # Early 06, probably not, it was like a new feature they did, most were marked that have it.

SRG info is correct too!

#22 ·
If you don't have the black bulb antenna on the roof, you don't have it, the radio might be "sirius ready" but that means it has the port for the sirius receiver to be plugged into it.

The sirius receiver kit contains the antenna, to mount on the roof, with cableing that goes (usually) down into the rear-quarter panel. There is where the metal-box sirius receiver is mounted to a bracket. From there a cable goes underneath the trim and carpet, up to the radio head unit in the dash.

srg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.