Charger Forums banner

Cleaning TB Help

997 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Gimper 
#1 ·
I have 80k on my charger now and thought it would be a good idea to clean the TB...I just don't know how. I searched the forums and didn't find what I was looking for. I need photo's or a video for assistance as I would like to learn more about vehicles.

If anyone knows of a post could you point me in the direction or be so kind as to put together a step-by-step for me and others interested.

Thanks,

#2 ·
I'll take a peek an see if I can find a thread...It's not hard to do at all....Just remember to get a good quality TB cleaner, carb or anything else will harm the intake...Let me see...

I seem to not be able to find the proper thread for this..Sorry, if I do find it, I'll send ya a message

#4 ·
Four nuts/bolts and a wire connector... remove those and ****** with throttle body cleaner.

Frankly, I don't see how it can do anything but make you feel better. It's just an air valve. That said, I did in fact clean mine awhile ago. It was surprisingly clean.

#5 ·
In cold weather that is -1 or more it has been bogging down while it warms up and when I drive it bogs down then suddenly jolts forward......so this is to help troubleshoot and rule out minor things as well as - you guessed it - make me feel better. I really noticed it last year in the -20 to -40 range.Any suggestions?

#8 ·
All this preparation and it was so easy. about 10 minutes and i didn't even remove the tb, just sprayed a microfibres cloth, flipped the butterfly over and scrubbed. Got a bunch of black muck....though it was surprisingly clean. I dont think this will resolve the bogging issue I have in cold weather starts but I did notice no fluctuations during idle..... ill know more tomorrow when i start it in the morning.

Any other suggestions if this does not resolve the bogging issue?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.