Charger Forums banner

Please answer the following if you have purchased or ordered a Daytona R/T already:

• Pre-Ordered my Daytona R/T

Votes: 121 9.3%
  • Bought my Daytona R/T from existing dealer stock

Votes: 804 61.8%
  • Bought my Daytona R/T from a dealer over 25 miles away

Votes: 401 30.8%
  • The limited volume and numbered badget was a key reason for my purchase

Votes: 423 32.5%
  • Searched for the lowest available numbered car

Votes: 59 4.5%
  • The unique paint color/graphics and "throwback" paint name was a key reason for my purchase.

Votes: 708 54.4%

If you have purchased or ordered your Daytona R/T please choose from the following:

51K views 118 replies 99 participants last post by  robmac1976 
#1 ·

The Dodge Brand Management group has asked us to help get your input if you own a Charger Daytona R/T or are interested in buying one in the future.

They created the current Daytona R/T and are evaluating where they go next for Charger. They’re also developing Daytona-like packages for other future cars. So understanding your answers to the following will help.

This is a 2 part poll, the other poll for people who have NOT already purchased or ordered their Daytona R/T is located here:

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3633
http://showthread.php?t=3633
Also, feel free to post any other comments/suggestions. Thanks for the help.

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: If you have purchased or ordered your Daytona R/T please choose from the following:

All in all, I love the Daytona, however I think that they need to do more to the front and rear end then what they did..

The front end needs something more aggressive, like they did with the SRT, and the tail end needs more flare as well... so when you pass someone on the highway, they are looking at something that reflects power, and does not look like an Intreped from the rear.

Tire options should be availble as well, The Michilens are a huge bonus over the Conti's on the R/T, but for those of us who do not live in the snow belt, a more agressive performance tire would be nice.

On the inside, maybe change the stearing wheel spoke faces to match the center stack, as the silver on the stearing wheel looks out of place.

#3 ·
Re: If you have purchased or ordered your Daytona R/T please choose from the following:

Done!!

I agree they could have done a little more with the front and rear of the charger to make it look more reminiscent of the early model charger.

Rod

#5 ·

Since the Daytona is the top of the line for the 5.7L powered chargers... why not give us the 3 position ESP button as well?

And a better rear axle ratio for better acceleration. Yeah the Daytona has 10 more HP... but it is not noticeable... a better rear axle ratio would give the Daytona more impressive acceleration numbers

#6 ·
Also - I think the Daytona should have come with the SRT hood. This would have made the car really stand out from other Chargers not just a paint and graphics package.

#7 ·

Done. ;) ..

#8 ·

ok, my 2 cents.............being female and all............the inside needs more color on the doors!!!!! They are too plain. They need something else done to them. Maybe "charger" embossed on them in corresponding color. Maybe some matching trim like what is on the dash.......... :whistle:

maybe they can make the change before they start the Top Banana's......it looks like they have time to change it..................no one is in a hurry to start production................ :whistle:

#9 ·

woooo hoooo................I JUST WENT TO "SENIOR MEMBER"...............100 POSTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rockon: :rockon:

#10 ·

The Daytona should be offered as a package on ALL trim levels...then you would have some real collectability...how many srt-8 daytona's would have been built? V6 sxt? etc...plus the rear end of the SRT-8 should be offered, even as an upgraded "performance" package...just my .02....

#11 ·

I ordered a Daytona Top Banana due to the limited number of units being built. I wanted something different than everyone else had. If I could not get the Daytona package, I would have ordered a Chrysler 300C because I like it better than any other Charger except the Daytonas. So please keep my order and build my car! :monster:

#12 · (Edited)

I do Love my Daytona but the things I least like are the grey interior trim and light headliner. I would have preferred the interior to be all one dark color (black) with some orange accents on the door panels to complement the seats and the center stack.

#13 ·

I had seriously considered not getting a Go ManGo Daytona just on the chance that Dodge decided to do a Purple Haze one as a 2007, but in the end decided I couldn't take that sort of chance with what I was driving :D

#14 ·

Daytona1146 said:
I do Love my Daytona but the things I least like are the grey interior trim and light headliner. I would have preferred the interior to be all one dark color (black) with some orange accents on the door panels to complement the seats and the center stack.
I agree, I prefer that the interior should be one dark color. I would prefer if the doors were covered in leather or suede with the orange stiching if needed. Also the Daytona logo on the doors.

Robert
Daytona #2042

#15 ·

DAYTONA_R/T said:
All in all, I love the Daytona, however I think that they need to do more to the front and rear end then what they did..

The front end needs something more aggressive, like they did with the SRT, and the tail end needs more flare as well... so when you pass someone on the highway, they are looking at something that reflects power, and does not look like an Intreped from the rear.

Tire options should be availble as well, The Michilens are a huge bonus over the Conti's on the R/T, but for those of us who do not live in the snow belt, a more agressive performance tire would be nice.

On the inside, maybe change the stearing wheel spoke faces to match the center stack, as the silver on the stearing wheel looks out of place.

The calipers on the car should be or at least color matched with DAYTONA on them. I think the small details make up a nice looking car.

Robert
DAYTONA R/T #2042

#16 ·

Love my Daytona :)

My only other Charger choice would have been an SRT-8 but i didn't want to pay for a gas guzzler tax; we're being over taxed at the pump as it is....

#17 ·

The interior of the Daytona is by far the best looking of all the Chargers. The color matching with the exterior just sets it off. I agree with Daytona R/T, the color could and should have been used on the steering wheel as well as in other places.

As for the outside of the car, the paint and graphics are great but I'm itch'en to see what a burnt orange SRT-8 hood with the Daytona hood graphic would look like. Also, an 18" version of the SRT-8 wheels would be really cool.

The last thing is the exhaust. I was disappointed in the sound, so I'm changing out the "suitcase muffler" to two Magnaflows, hope it sounds like it has 350 horses when I get done. I mean, they supposedly already changed the exhaust on the Daytona from the other R/T's, why not do it right the first time?

#18 ·

The doors were definitely a huge drwaback. I loved the exterior then the dealer opened the door and I was dissappointed. I added orange and black carbon fiber to the doors for just a little added color and what a difference it made.

#19 ·

Small changes to the exterior other then the color and black decals would have been nice. Body molding or vents on the front wheel wells to release heat.

#21 ·
I have been talking about this car since the Auto Show..My partner at work has been listening to me ramble on for almost 2 years about this car..He knows Im a MOPAR only guy and did not think at the time that they were very going to bring back the Challenger so I have been hot to trot for the Daytona for awhile..So last Friday we are at lunch and he is like Merry Christmas and Im like yea the same and he is dangling the keys and hands them to me..I was like in shock..I started working for this guys 3 years ago and worked my way up to a junior partner from V.P. and I was acting like a little kid in a 34 y/o body...But anyway enough rambling..I absolutely love my #3117 and did not pick anything about the car but it is just perfect.

#22 ·

From what I've seen of the Daytonas.. and now being in a position to at least sell them.
I feel they should have had a more pronounced spoiler (more reminiscint<sp> of the original Daytonas)
Plum Crazy should have been revived as a color choice.
I agree with all who feel it needs a darker interior & color matched calipers for an added touch.
I feel it needs a deeper exhaust tone as well as more gear. It has a 5 speed already; so why not make at least a 3.55 rear available. I'd love to see it with a 3.92 in it.
Although I am looking forward to our Black SRT-8 arriving shortly.
Anyone want it??
Call 334-794-0606 Ask for Aaron Wyse

#23 ·

I agree, the doors are definitely a huge drawback. I love the rest of the car but am very disappointed in the doors. Also in the silver on the steering wheel. They both seem very cheap.
Now my only problem is deciding whether to drive the Daytona R/T or my Chrysler Crossfire.

Daytona #3636

#24 ·

Just picked up my Top Banana #44 out of 4000 yesterday. So far I do like it a lot and I don't think the doors are that bad either. I prefer 4 doors on a large car like the Charger instead of 2 HUGE doors. Now on my Audi TT or the Crossfire 2 doors are a no brainer. I also do like the spoiler on the Daytona. Much better looking then the regular crappy spoiler that you get with the other R/T models. The suspension feels a bit soft for a Musclecar but I am okay with the performance so far. I really haven't floored it yet because I want to break it in gently for at least 500 miles ;)
The only thing I think that could be better is the interior. Too much cheap plastic even with the Daytona Trim. For a 35k+ car they could've done better.

#26 · (Edited)

except for not having a hood scoop on my daytona charger i love it , wife brought home two diffrent rt to test drive.very nice take em back ,a week later she brings home gmg rt daytona i test again rough life huh ,im at local dealers office with in an hour trading my prized 1977 corvette .after driving charger vett drove like crap.one week later i go back to dealer tell him i have a problem, i see on lot you have the matching truck . i take it home to the wife just to mess with her like she did me one hour later she trades her 05 liberty for the truck . we are now duel daytona owners enjoying the ride in maine. The only thing that im displeased with ,is my charger daytona came WITHOUT the EVIC unit,and on the dodge .com build site it is NOT mentioned as an option at all,and my local dealer doesnt know what im talking about !!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.