Charger Forums banner

3.06 gear option

3K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  vjo90rs8 
#1 ·
hay guys not sure if this is in the correct place but here goes looking a getting a used 2011 rt but the 3.06 gear is a must and the 2.65 gear is a deal breaker is there anyway to identify what gear the car is built with other than a build sheet thanks for any help

#2 ·
I've had both. Mine came with the 2.65, switched to the 3.06

Thinking about going back to stock 2.65

Not that much of a performance gain. Quite a mpg difference.

They use the same housing. There is a sticker that states the ratio. It is usually on top and not visible without a mirror.

#5 ·
I gained maybe a tenth... unless you are tracking it, not enough to really feel.

If you want track gears, I'd go lower than 3.06

I noticed a slight gain, but not enough to get excited about... I wouldn't call it a deal breaker.

#6 ·
from what i can tell if the car has the road and track package it will have the 3.06 ,and the only visual way to tell would be by the grill the road and track has a black grill with black honey combs and the rt badge in the lower right side of the grill ,correct me if i'am wrong the base rt has a chrome grill with no badge

#7 ·
Depending on the year, 3.06 is an additional option to the R&T, the Super Track Pack. A $400 option.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.