Charger Forums banner

Problem updating Trinity

11K views 58 replies 14 participants last post by  450whpsrt4 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a 2012 Super Bee so i purchased a new trinity to tune it.The problem is i cant find the file to update it.I have downloaded the dsdownloader and the drivers but there is no file for a update. Am i missing something? Everytime i click the update tool button it looks for a file that is not there.

#44 ·
Got my car running and tuned today, after being stuck with no tune and impossible to drive for 3 days or so.
Vas from Diablosport had reset my trinity ( since it was stuck on failing to install the original tune and then giving me a -18 error), and then calibrated my car.
I tried to tune the car after that and it accepted the tune with no problems.

Car is Charger SRT8 2012.

#45 ·
thats good to know but mine would not even accept the calibration the first or second time i tried. this was after diablo reset my trinity.
im still not sure why it worked eventually.
so needless to say im afraid to even try the 93 oct. tune. hopefully they will announce a real fix so we all can use the trinity with no worry whenever we need to adjust something.

what version do you have in your trinity?
1r09b or 1r09c

#52 ·
I got my Trinity last week. First I was disappointed that I had to go hunting for a Windoze system to install the software and then to update the device. Right now it has the 1r09f version. I have heard that this version/update has the problems fixed. I still have not plugged it into my car though. I thought best i do it during business hours. Only problem is that during business hours, I have my own work to do!
I updated mine to the f version but I still have not plugged it back into the car. Most said that the canned tune was not really a noticeable difference over the stock tune. I have a cat back and intake, once I get long tube headers and mid pipes im just gonna get the car tuned.

#53 ·
I updated mine to the f version but I still have not plugged it back into the car. Most said that the canned tune was not really a noticeable difference over the stock tune. I have a cat back and intake, once I get long tube headers and mid pipes im just gonna get the car tuned.
I bit the bullet today and plugged in the Trinity to my 2012 Charger R/T. First message that popped up was that an update is required. I was puzzled since i had updated Trinity only last week. Anyway, went back to the website and sure enough there was an update for Chrysler/Dodge vehicles. Good that i did not plug it in earlier, since the update came out yesterday only.

Long story short, managed to install the 93 perf tune. Ignored the warnings about low voltage with my heart in my throat. Finally managed to install the tune after numerous starts and stops. Didnt have the heart to modify it further for shift firmness.

Anyway, maybe the difference was in my head only but the car did feel a lot more responsive after the tune and low end torque was also better. Made it more peppy. Since you already have cat back and intake, maybe the difference for you will not be noticeable at all.

Now waiting for the warm weather on the weekend so that i can install the Frankentake too.

#54 ·
Update: Today morning I tried to modify the Shift Firmness but it wont do it. I got the dreaded "PCM Error Unlock for Reflash (-18)" message. Thankfully the car still runs. I will have to call DiabloSupport to get this sorted. I dont think i will be able to go back to stock tune (if i wanted to) until this unlock thing is sorted out.

#55 ·
"Today morning?" 0_o

"This morning" ;)

Sent from my "HD" Pantech Breakout using the free version of AutoGuide

#57 ·
No problem

Sent from my "HD" Pantech Breakout using the free version of AutoGuide

#59 ·
I dont think I'm even gonna use a trinity on my car. I was talking to one of the techs at a local dealer, their working on pretuned pcms with their upcoming supercharger kits. plug n play with no tuning like the old neon srt4 stage kits. **** these hand held tuners, having to worry about knock on a canned tune and modifying parameters in a certain menu and certain order or you get errors is ridiculous. I wasted $600 on mine and got no use out of it, I will take a hit when I sell it.
I never got it to work in my 2012 srt8, 1out of 10 see a gain for the good. most see knock or have issues including myself, thats why the trinity will never see the inside of my car again . I got it to work in my 2008 srt8 but noticed nothing. anybody who says they see huge gains is hallucinating. I know I sound sour but for good reason. I bought an intune for the 2008 and it left my car sitting for a week, had to have the pcm replaced. I bought a trinity and it left my 2012 sitting for a week. waste of about a grand.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.