Charger Forums banner

Satellite Radio options for 2013 Charger SE

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Manicmechanic 
#1 ·
I need some opinions for satellite radio options. I bought a 2013 Charger SE without satellite radio last week. When I bought it I stated that I wanted the satellite radio and asked if this was upgradeable on the car I chose. After some research I was informed by the dealership that it could be done and quoted a price that was added into my loan. A week later, (yesterday) I get a call from the service manager informing me that on my car it is not possible to upgrade to the satellite radio. According to him my car lacks the pre-installed software and wiring harness to recognize an upgraded radio and these things can't be added. I was basically told that for 2013 models if the radio is not factory installed there is no OEM upgrade. I really don't want an aftermarket kit as I wanted my vehicle to look original but I guess I have no choice. My last two cars both had the satellite radio and I loved it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

#2 ·
Personally, the sound quality of XM is sooo bad I can't stand listening to it. Worse than AM to me. I have a 32Gb SD card with plenty of music on it. I'd rather listen to old music more than once than to be aggravated with satellite. BTW my son's stream internet radio through their phones using Bluetooth or auxiliary input and even that sounds much better than satellite. Might want to explore that option.

#3 ·
I never had a problem with the sound quality in my 2010 Charger or my 2007 Sebring Convertible. It sounded great even in my wife's 2010 patriot.

I enjoyed some of the channels and would like to find a way to get them back. If I had known what I know now, meaning if the dealership would have been knowledgeable of their product I would have had them find a car for me that already had it in it.

#6 ·
Maybe if you posted this question in the 2011+ electronics section you would get better results. I don't know how many posts I have seen with "Dealer said it's not possible" only to see it had been done by someone on the forum. Sometimes when the dealer says it's not possible it's because it is something they can't warrant if they do it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.