Charger Forums banner

hankook v12

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  FLEX 
#1 ·
anybody use them? are they a good street tire?

#2 ·
I've run mine for 13k miles and they are awesome. I have them in 255/45/20 wrapped in black painted SRT replicas from Discount Tire. They aren't crazy high performance like Vreds, but they perform well and for the price, you can't go wrong. I can attest to their hydroplaning resistance even though they are wide.

Unfortunately they are now sitting in the garage. Had to put the stock wheels back on with the Firestone Winterforce for the cold months. Ugh, the loss of performance was instantly noticeable.

#5 ·
OP has a Daytona and I have an R/T so our performance is more closely matched than your SuperBee.

I wouldn't say the performance sucks for what you pay, it's just not what is necessary for your vehicle to maintain traction.

But if OP is looking into new shoes, the F1s are currently only $8 per tire more on Discount Tire. The only trade-off would be noise and the v12 received better ratings than the F1s from purchasers on that site.

#7 ·
I have some good year eagle ones on there now, not a lot of tread left, but if I give any kind of sudden throttle ( like trying to hurry up and pull out of a parking lot ) they will light up, with traction control on. And I do drive pretty hard when givin the chance but I need something with alot of grip

#8 ·
I had them on my R/T and I thought they were great, especially for the money. Excellent handling in the rain, too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.